DSC 2 underway

simon1979

Ive just sent my registration off to the BASC for my DSC2 portfolio, and ive found a local witness who can take me out.
so im looking forward to getting start over next few months:D

I have now finally finished my last ICR so it is now the assessment phase once I get my portfolio back, what a relief!

i see your based in solihul Dom, just woundering where your doing yours.

Simon, the plan is to use Simon Hawker (Prometheus) for most of them, I've had great outings with him and there's plenty of deer about on his ground. The added bonus is that I can be there in 25 mins so don't have to pay for accommodation.

i havent come across him, but i use local guy whos redditch based and hes got stalking in worcester, cotswolds and up north to.
Its good that there are few in the west midlands, and yep its saves on money which is always good

Last edited:
i havent come across him, but i use local gay whos redditch based and hes got stalking in worcester, cotswolds and up north to.
Its good that there are few in the west midlands, and yep its saves on money which is always good
Yeah it's not the easiest place find accompanied stalking.

i havent come across him, but i use local gay whos redditch based and hes got stalking in worcester, cotswolds and up north to.

You might want to edit the bit about " i use local gay " just an Idea, you know how judgemental many are on here.

Simon get a couple of stalks booked with the aw prior to getting your portfolio and you will know exactly what is expected and he can help you prior to the IRS for your portfolio good luck
Atb tom

You might want to edit the bit about " i use local gay " just an Idea, you know how judgemental many are on here.

Not sure why
Simon Gay Hawker
has a ring about it...lol
sorry Simon could not resist .... You can beat me later ....!!!!
Not sure Rik is on the same level thou ... But time will tell...lol
both guys got good ground and know what they want before signing their name to a portfolio
L2 is actually quite an easy process once you hav an idea what you are doing
so go for it guys and see how you get on
if you don't reach the criteria at first then at least your AW can help guide you for the future

Good luck mate - I tried my first DSC2 stalk last week having recced the ground for ages, and then couldn't find any deer! 'That's stalking' I was told....

Good luck mate - I tried my first DSC2 stalk last week having recced the ground for ages, and then couldn't find any deer! 'That's stalking' I was told....

I would say it was not stalking for you but probably lack of knowledge in understanding what cold weather does to deer behaviour
find out where they lie up in bad weather and cold weather then you hav stacked the odds in your favour
for many outings to come even after L2

I would say it was not stalking for you but probably lack of knowledge in understanding what cold weather does to deer behaviour
find out where they lie up in bad weather and cold weather then you hav stacked the odds in your favour
for many outings to come even after L2
Good advice to anyone.

You're right there, and in addition the wind was a NE instead of the normal westerly and they certainly weren't where they normally are....

Back