Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shogun 3.2 did

shogun 3.2 did

right guys,at the moment i have a mk5 gti golf and a 01 shogun 3.2 did i use as a winter vehicle. the shogun has 120k on it and i have to say i love it. it never misses a beat. i went today and am thinking about selling both and buying a 08/09 shogun swb 3.2 pref a warrior.... anyone have a recent model that could comment on the later models????? i never drove an auto before and wondering should i give one a try????? any vehicle i have is never abused and serviced religiously and anything it needs it gets.... reckon we will do about 15k a year and it prob never will tow.... are the auto boxes any more troublesome than the flywheel issue?????

I had a shogun swb 2.8 diesel auto, it never missed a beat either, but skinted me regularly.
    Good off road but too juicy as an everyday car. I would never get an auto again though, I didnt feel you could really drive the car how you want to cos the auto box is always doing its own thing, you definatley have more control with a manual. Would be good as a stalking only motor though I suppose, but im sorry I dont have any knowledge of the more recent products.

we have an 53 plate long wheel base in manual and its a great motor also a 58 plate long wheelbase in an auto and its a gready beast of a thing constant in and out of garage warning lights on would not get another in an auto. when towing an empty horse box got down to 15 mpg genral run around be 22 ish also it has 17 inch rims and not over easy to get all terrains ended spending nearly a grand on 5 bfg all terrains a couple of years ago!

i had one years ago , great hunting / hawking bus

thanks guys. unsure as what to do.......

Great vehicles. They will go anywhere, need next to no maintenance and have loads of space!

Get yourself a hilux invincible mint and less money

Had a 2.8 lwb Pajero, which is a shogun by a different name, wonderful vehicle. That was an auto, you can have as much control over an auto box as you want, you can "change" gear and put it in what ever you like. Both of our present vehicles are auto would not go back to a manual.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeree View Post
    Great vehicles. They will go anywhere, need next to no maintenance and have loads of space!

Reliable vehicles they are - go anywhere ther certainly will not . If your spending time off road and want to go jap , go for a hilux

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    Reliable vehicles they are - go anywhere ther certainly will not . If your spending time off road and want to go jap , go for a hilux
    I beg to differ. But each to their own...