Thread: What are the best bases/mounts for swaroski rail mount system

What are the best bases/mounts for swaroski rail mount system

I have a Heym SR20 and just bought a new Swaroski scope with the integral rail mount system, can anyone advise on which are the best bases to use. I like to scope as low as possible. Thx

Either EAW or MAK (the slovak copy).
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyw View Post
    I have a Heym SR20 and just bought a new Swaroski scope with the integral rail mount system, can anyone advise on which are the best bases to use. I like to scope as low as possible. Thx
    I'm not sure what you're asking here - which model have you got? A link would help.

AFAIK 'scopes with a fitted sub-rail are intended for drillings, rather than bolt-actions.

The Heym SR20N is a modified mauser action, and is only drilled & tapped for USA (WEAVER-style) mount bases. Other makes such as BRNO/CZ/Tikka/Ruger have handier integral dovetails provided on the bridge & receiver.

AFAIK - It's possible to mount 'rail scopes' on the SR20N but you need separate bases and 'V' clamp-mounts, or an Ernst-Appel (EAW) detachable claw mount arrangement.

Either option will raise the sight line higher than a more conventional setup with a straight tube scope + rings.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

actually the opposite

the absence of rings and the design of rail/mount often reduces height of the sight line

I personally think the rail (or similar) is a great design
    To purposely design something that has to be mounted without any points doesn't make any sense to me.

Also look at Recknagel KRIEGHOFF, United Kingdom Ireland - Recknagel. I have an sr20n and have a set of fixed mounts on order, albeit with rings.

Attachment 23453
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    actually the opposite

the absence of rings and the design of rail/mount often reduces height of the sight line

I personally think the rail (or similar) is a great design
    To purposely design something that has to be mounted without any points doesn't make any sense to me.
    Yeah, right. You mean something like this.

I wonder why this hasn't caught on. Everyone seems to have gone for a universal solution.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.