What are the best bases/mounts for swaroski rail mount system

Ollyw

I have a Heym SR20 and just bought a new Swaroski scope with the integral rail mount system, can anyone advise on which are the best bases to use. I like to scope as low as possible. Thx

I have a Heym SR20 and just bought a new Swaroski scope with the integral rail mount system, can anyone advise on which are the best bases to use. I like to scope as low as possible. Thx

I'm not sure what you're asking here - which model have you got? A link would help.

AFAIK 'scopes with a fitted sub-rail are intended for drillings, rather than bolt-actions.

The Heym SR20N is a modified mauser action, and is only drilled & tapped for USA (WEAVER-style) mount bases. Other makes such as BRNO/CZ/Tikka/Ruger have handier integral dovetails provided on the bridge & receiver.

AFAIK - It's possible to mount 'rail scopes' on the SR20N but you need separate bases and 'V' clamp-mounts, or an Ernst-Appel (EAW) detachable claw mount arrangement.

Either option will raise the sight line higher than a more conventional setup with a straight tube scope + rings.

actually the opposite

the absence of rings and the design of rail/mount often reduces height of the sight line

I personally think the rail (or similar) is a great design
To purposely design something that has to be mounted without any points doesn't make any sense to me.

View attachment 23453
actually the opposite

the absence of rings and the design of rail/mount often reduces height of the sight line

I personally think the rail (or similar) is a great design
To purposely design something that has to be mounted without any points doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah, right. You mean something like this.

I wonder why this hasn't caught on. Everyone seems to have gone for a universal solution.

Back