Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: landrover 200tdi engine wanted asap

landrover 200tdi engine wanted asap

well guys the landy engine finally gave up the ghost last night , word from the mechanic this morning is its not worth fixing
    he recons i should just replace it with a reconditioned 200tdi engine,( bang goes the money id saved by selling stuff for a nightvision)

can anyone recommend a source for an engine , ive looked at them on ebay , but they seem to be stripped down , i want one that can be dropped right in

Just saw one on that difflock website that bobjs mentioned, it was 200tdi engine box and transfer for 650.Sorry I cant do a link to it im a bit hamfisted with computer stuff!

cheers oddjob

Account Suspended
    I've a crash damaged Disco commercial 200tdi lying here with all the bits... Biggar area.

Give me a PM if you're interested~Tom

Scots_Stalker, a 200tdi out of a defender will go straight in. A 200tdi out of a disco needs some work, however with the availability of rusty MOT failed or crashed discos its In my experience a more cost effective option. The disco 200tdi into a defender requires modification to the exhaust system (you can get this off eBay) as the manifold n turbo is located in a different position. There are a few other mods which I struggle to remember I did one a few years ago. Check out a LR forum there will be details on there. Good luck with it matey.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Scots_Stalker, a 200tdi out of a defender will go straight in. A 200tdi out of a disco needs some work, however with the availability of rusty MOT failed or crashed discos its In my experience a more cost effective option. The disco 200tdi into a defender requires modification to the exhaust system (you can get this off eBay) as the manifold n turbo is located in a different position. There are a few other mods which I struggle to remember I did one a few years ago. Check out a LR forum there will be details on there. Good luck with it matey.
    Mate here's the link to the exhaust conversion;

defender 90 110 exhaust conversion for discovery 200tdi | eBay

I replaced my 2.5td with a disco 200 tdi few years ago best thing I did
    Man over Cumbria did it for me
    kevin

thanks tom. looking for the defender engine

Please just sell your landrover, problems sorted, LOL! Ive gad to many problems with them even underwarranty, so never again.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Mate here's the link to the exhaust conversion;

defender 90 110 exhaust conversion for discovery 200tdi | eBay

could you not just switch manifold and turbo from one to the other ?