Thread: Mannlicher .22

Mannlicher .22

Gents I wonder if anybody can help me with a problem I have.
    i own a Mannlicher .223 SL model.
    About 8 months ago the magazine stopped rotating and since then I have tried to procure one from both Mannlicher the self and Sportsman Gun Centre the UK representative with no joy at all.
    my question is, if I cannot get a new magazine what is the process for getting rid of it.
    It is a very good and accurate rifle and will be sorely missed.

Regards

DavieH
    Last edited by DavieH; 12-01-2013 at 14:19.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieH View Post
    Gents I wonder if anybody can help me with a problem I have.
    i own a Mannlicher .223 SL model.
    About 8 months ago the magazine stopped rotating and since then I have tried to procure one from both Mannlicher the self and Sportsman Gun Centre the UK representative with no joy at all.
    my question is, if I cannot get a new magazine what is the process for getting rid of it.
    It is a very good and accurate rifle and will be sorely missed.

Regards

DavieH
    Stopped rotating? How? lost so much spring tension that the cartridges wouldn't feed or the spool just won't move? I have very little experience with Mannlicher magazines but those I have pulled apart (the earlier ones) were easy to clean and adjust.~Muir

Suggest that you email the SGC, cc Steyr, informing them that if they do not supply you with the spare part pdq you will be publicising the fact that neither Steyr nor SGC, their appointed distributor, give parts back up on their products so basically once you have bought the product you are on your own. This will have an effect, either you will get the part or, if not, people like me will stop buying Steyr so as not to get left in the same position that you seem to be in.

Steyr are good, but so are Sako. I want a good product with back up. Look at the Swaroski business model.

see if T.W.Chambers have one