Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sako 204 - New custom barrel

Sako 204 - New custom barrel

Chaps.

Due to a change of circumstance.

Here is a opportunity to own a custom barrel sako in one of the finest actions they have ever made, in the exiting and hard hitting 204R.

The rifle is a Sako 491 sporter deluxe in excellent condition. it is currently in the proof house after being fitted with a new barrel.

The barrel is a 24 inch custom Lother Walther Chrome moly barrel with a 1 in 10
    twist - 0.5 x 20 unf thread and target crown.

This will be perfect for shooting the high BC 39 grn / 40 grn bullets - but will also shoot upto 50 grn Berger pills.

The stock is a lovely piece of figured wood and the action has been re-blued so the rifle looks great.

The barrel is brand new and currently getting proofed - Due to this I dont have any pics of the actual rifle to wet appetites.

The rifle will be availble from the end of this month , so that gives people a little time to sort FAC's out.

The
    Cost is 830
    ( which includes some 204 brass that I was going to use - this is cheaper than the bog standard T3 ) .

ATB
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Chaps.

Due to a change of circumstance.

Here is a opportunity to own a custom barrel sako in one of the finest actions they have ever made, in the exiting and hard hitting 204R.

The rifle is a Sako 491 sporter deluxe in excellent condition. it is currently in the proof house after being fitted with a new barrel.

The barrel is a 24 inch custom Lother Walther Chrome moly barrel with a 1 in 10
    twist - 0.5 x 20 unf thread and target crown.

This will be perfect for shooting the high BC 39 grn / 40 grn bullets - but will also shoot upto 50 grn Berger pills.

The stock is a lovely piece of figured wood and the action has been re-blued so the rifle looks great.

The barrel is brand new and currently getting proofed - Due to this I dont have any pics of the actual rifle to wet appetites.

The rifle will be availble from the end of this month , so that gives people a little time to sort FAC's out.

The
    Cost is 830
    ( which includes some 204 brass that I was going to use - this is cheaper than the bog standard T3 ) .

ATB
    Alan
    What barrel profile does it have Alan and who built it
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Hi - it has a sporter barrel - No 4 I think - same as standard Sako.

The re-barrel was done by Dave at Bowtech rifles. I have seen his work and was impressed.

SIsnipe shoots one of his rifles - check out you tube.

ATB
    Alan

No 4 would be a light varmint Alan,im looking for sporter light carry rifle and am familiar with the s491as I previously owned one in .222 that makes a great carry gun, could be very interested in this one some pictures would be nice, I do understand thats not possible at the moment due to it being at proof.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

HI - It is the exact same profile as the sako barrrel it replaced. there simply isn't enough meat on the stock to open the barrel channel up for a thicker tube.

I wanted it as a light wieght carry gun that could be used to devistating effect at range if required

Thanks for you interest

Alan

Is this rifle being sold with loose mounts?

Mmmmmm tempting. Be good to see some pics when you get it back.

Sounds wonderful, you must have a very good reason for selling it, but I can't for the life of me think what it might be! I have a Sako Vixen S491 in .222 and they are a beautiful little rifle - someones in for a real bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by LVSF 243 View Post
    Is this rifle being sold with loose mounts?
    loose mounts?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Attachment 23440
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    Sounds wonderful, you must have a very good reason for selling it, but I can't for the life of me think what it might be! I have a Sako Vixen S491 in .222 and they are a beautiful little rifle - someones in for a real bargain!
    mine is the same but in 20 tactical.

storming wee rifle,

bob. >
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube