Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Carey aka the Warrener.

Pat Carey aka the Warrener.

Just a quick question about the above chap.
    Anyone know what his stalking is like and prices? A friend is wanting to book with him and I thought I'd ask here before he does.

Don't know why he is so determined to go with him, perhaps he thinks he may end up in a video!

I think, unless I have got my wires crossed, A fellow on here used to sign in as Carl Gustav, he then used Beowulf, so PM him, because he has met the warrener.

Sako
    the warrener has been around for years
    i met him at a number of game fairs in the past
    he is very well known for fox and rabbit but as i have
    only just got into stalking i dont know what he is like
    on Deer

pat the warrener

I have talked to pat at a couple of game fairs seems a nice bloke.
    Got some of his foxing dvds including reds in the roar some nice deer on it,with a pure white red
    Mate of mine booked on one of his fox courses and said there were deer all over the place roe and a lot of reds'.
    His speciality is calling reds in the rut as well as the foxes.
    His ground is fantastic apparently ideal stalking ,and yes my mate did end up on the video.
    CHEERS
    RICK O SHEA

I'm not sure what his stalking is like, it may well be fantastic but I've heard a lot of things about Pat, none of which are good, personally I would be hesitant about having a lot to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Benc
    I've heard a lot of things about Pat, none of which are good, personally I would be hesitant about having a lot to do with him.
    Benc, this seems a little harsh, considering you're only going on heresay. I've known Pat for some years and have been fortunate enough to have been out with him, both for stalking and while he's been calling foxes. If someone is looking for stalking or to watch and learn from a master in the art of calling wild animals, give Pat a try.
    The original post asked about the cost and quality of stalking, not the mans' history. If Pat still has the land that he had when I went out with him the stalking should be good. As for cost, I can't comment as I was fortunate enough to be invited as a friend of a friend.
    Cheers, Pete.

I've been out stalking a couple of times with Pat...

While his approach is a little "unconventional" (in a slightly eccentric way) he certainly worked hard to put me in front of a beast and the ground he had then ( about 5 years ago) had good numbers of deer on it..

We was very interesting to talk to and certainly a "character" and unless I was told something factual to warn me off, I would certainly book with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind
    Quote Originally Posted by Benc
    I've heard a lot of things about Pat, none of which are good, personally I would be hesitant about having a lot to do with him.
    Benc, this seems a little harsh, considering you're only going on heresay. I've known Pat for some years and have been fortunate enough to have been out with him, both for stalking and while he's been calling foxes. If someone is looking for stalking or to watch and learn from a master in the art of calling wild animals, give Pat a try.
    The original post asked about the cost and quality of stalking, not the mans' history. If Pat still has the land that he had when I went out with him the stalking should be good. As for cost, I can't comment as I was fortunate enough to be invited as a friend of a friend.
    Cheers, Pete.
    That's why I said his stalking may well be fantastic, why I didn't go into any details and left it at that. I'm not out to have a go at him at all, i've met him a couple of times and he came across as a nice enough chap.

Sako and DL
    you know Beowulf !I presume , his word is honest . end ex on that . As for the warrener . If Pat is eccentric or different , good on him , it takes characters , to steer us with their experiences, from postings I have seen he DOES THE JOB!! . NO bull , spot on for his clients , isn't' that recommendation enough .!
    Trapper.

DL
    your memory serves you correct
    but no point pm'ing Beo as he left this site a long time ago
    as for Pat
    yes a likeable rougue but never trust anyone further than you can throw them
    he was a fox shooter that gained land like no other and good at it he was,
    suddenly saw the benefits of taking on the stalking too
    crap stalker by any standards but had good ground and knew how to make money
    i do hope his values hav changed over the last 15 years but i will never recommend the fella to anyone anymore
    but he did hav acces to a dog man just incase
    just charged the earth for it after 2 days of fussing about the mishap

you pays your money and takes your chance, hope your mate has a great time
    ATB