Thread: how to miss and wound boar

how to miss and wound boar

...as per title...may not be easy, but not impressed

thats hows it done over the water,if you dont like it dont do it.

not saying anything wrong with the concept, just saying he's a cr@p shot!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    not saying anything wrong with the concept, just saying he's a cr@p shot!
    ever tried it ??

Ans I suppose you have never missed? Sorry but you always have something to say and very rarely is it constructive or nice in any way, your the first to run someone down ans slag people off. If
    youve nothing nice to say best say nothing atall, sorry but since I've joined the majority of your posts are having a go or being sarky
    Tom

sorry Tom, didn't realise we were back in school

all I was saying was, he's not exactly demonstrating good shooting, and focusing the video on the beast dragging its rear for ages without a decent effort of follow up shots towards the end of the video isn't impressive.

yes, I miss as well, it happens, we all do.

certainly did not realise I was 'the first to run down and slag people off' - I actually thought I contributed rather well to the forum and constructively too, but hey ho, you learn something new every day.

obvious, with your massive array of 93 posts since April, you clearly know the depth of contribution I may/may not make towards the forum.

sincere apologies, I bow in self-disgust and will swear to only ever say positive things, obey god, government and parents from here on out.

on another note, I enjoyed this video a lot more:
    Last edited by PKL; 13-01-2013 at 17:18.

I too agree that although this is how things may be done on the continent (yes I have shot on the continent and accept there ways) I must agree that in this particular clip I feel the ranges appear to be rather long, and the hunter in question is taking multiple shots at distant animals either making good kills or IMO poor wounding shots needing multiple follow ups. Now I am fairly new to stalking so in answer to the have you never missed, well no I have not all be it I've only shot 20 animals in the last year. I take the view that if in doubt don't pull the trigger, and some of those ranges are too far. It's about making good shots on testing targets consistently, not bad shots on unrealistic targets just in case one falls over.

Forget the shooting....
    You got to love the 1970's cop show music on the 1st clip, I was expecting some "pimp" to step out in platform shoes, shades and rocking a "fro" any moment. The second clip was more like bill and teds excellent boar hunting adventure- bogus dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart308 View Post
    Forget the shooting....
    You got to love the 1970's cop show music on the 1st clip, I was expecting some "pimp" to step out in platform shoes, shades and rocking a "fro" any moment. The second clip was more like bill and teds excellent boar hunting adventure- bogus dude.
    true, but I really like the way they pay respect to the game they've shot, I really really like that.

I think I have the DVD this is taken from - you really need to see the whole DVD which follows the group for 2 days as there is some seriously good shooting shown by a Swedish guy. The commentary IIRC is quite good to but seem to be missing from this version and the shot have been badly cut together.