Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advise on Nissan Navara Expedition 2.5DCI 169 4wd

Advise on Nissan Navara Expedition 2.5DCI 169 4wd

Looking at the above vehicle, I know it's only 100bhp but good MPG and low insurance, has anyone any experience or knowledge of the vehicle and would you recommend one considering that I won't be pulling heavy loads !!

Some would say that the Hilux is the best pick up and even some fools would recomend the L200`s
    Most oldboys recomend the inferior truck the Ford Ranger and even the Isuzu,lol.
    But for performance, power and reliability you wont beat the Navara.

I had an 04 plate navara and loved it. But if I had the money I would buy a 3lt hilux. My mates got 1 and I think they are the mutts nutz. I believe he gets around 40mpg driving sensibly.

Nutty

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by K333ROE View Post
    Looking at the above vehicle, I know it's only 100bhp but good MPG and low insurance, has anyone any experience or knowledge of the vehicle and would you recommend one considering that I won't be pulling heavy loads !!

....I thought the 169 referred to the BHP......100 even from that old block doesn't seem enough.....I think the lower power one was around 140....?

I think you will pull well and get reasonable economy from this engine - no idea how good off road, but I am sure there will be some on here who have tested those limits.....!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

A test done last year. Might help sort things out

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/06/02/...yota-Hilux.htm

Question for me would be have the cured the escaping piston and con rod on these?

I am always confused by mpg some people seem to get more than what the manufacturer gets on a perfect bench run! How many people run a computer on there truck and use overall performance.

I've got the 2.5 navara teneka ..... I get a steady 30mpg mixed use. Done 20k... It's far superior to the l200 (which I have access to also).

Have had hilux's in the past and they too are excellent, the navara's are better spec'd but the hilux is probably better off road (not that I've had any problems with either).

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Question for me would be have the cured the escaping piston and con rod on these?
    That was a problem on the D22 model (the old one) fixed by changing the shell bearings and bolts. I have done 100,000 miles in mine and it is going strong. does about 33 to the gallon at sensible speeds but it does drop depending on the weight of your right foot. I have been considering changing mine for a newer one.
    I did look at the hilux but I found it to be smaller inside the cabin and with the populalarity gained throught Top Gear they are more expensive.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have had two Navarras and the complaint with both of them was that the drive shaft went on both of them luckily while within warranty, when I complained to Nissan they said that it was due to me using it off road which I found hard to accept, this led me to buying a Hilux 3L which with 70K on the clock in 3 1/2 years has so far performed perfectly.
    The Toyota is more expensive but the re sale is also better and from a personal view I prefer it.

Regards Terry