Advise on Nissan Navara Expedition 2.5DCI 169 4wd

After consideration I've bought the Nissan Narvana King Cab Diesel, will just have to see how she goes..........tks

i had the long way down model, and now ive got a current spec one. they do about 30mpg urban and if you drive at 60mph will do near 40 on the motorway, drive them above 70 and they start drinking. great trucks. wouldnt run one out of warranty, repairs are costly. only problems ive had are with sensors in the gearbox and a dopey wife who drives into things.

ive also had jeep, defender , l200 and hilux, which were all ok. crankshaft snapped in the l200, hilux never skipped a beat.

no double cab pickup will ever perform like a defender 90 off road mind.

a friend has a ranger whick is ok on a budget but you cant change from 2wd to 4wd on the move, which is a bit of a pain.

Made further enquiries about the Nissan and it's known as the LWD (Long Way Down) model insurance group 6 over 50 mpg on the open road but not able to contact anyone who has driven one !!!

50mpg????? I got a 56 plate aventura, hard top and bf all terrains mixed driving I'm getting 25mpg never got anywhere near 30. I brought it with 18000 on the clock n done 33k now. I do love it for taking family around, dogs to work collecting deer it's a great all rounder. Just low mpg grips me stools.

egr valves are the devil, get them blocked off and live happily, not worth replacing unless you really have to. on shoguns they have been known to coke up an engine in under 50,000 miles( information from a mitsi mechanic) me and my uncle spent best part of two days decoking from inlet to valves. its much better now, has more umph and is also better on mpg.

What does the egr do? How do you block it?

50mpg????? I got a 56 plate aventura, hard top and bf all terrains mixed driving I'm getting 25mpg never got anywhere near 30. I brought it with 18000 on the clock n done 33k now. I do love it for taking family around, dogs to work collecting deer it's a great all rounder. Just low mpg grips me stools.

You got an automatic then?

Back