Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ferreting land/shot gun shooting

ferreting land/shot gun shooting

Hi everyone I am looking for land to ferret upon as the land I did have for the last 8 years was lost this year to my ferreting buddy some buddy he was so if there is any land in and around Kent on which I can ferret please do get in touch or if there is any land on which I can take me shot gun I would love to here from you yours in sport Vince

I would suggest you get out knocking doors,, thats how everyone else gained permission,.

This isn`t a forum full of farmers with pest issues, it`s a shooters forum full of people who shoot vermin, so it`s unlikely that many will want to hand out permission.

No this forum is not full of farmers but then again I take it you know everione on this forum I guess not but there is a few ****s on here if people don't have any thing interesting to say well they should not say anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by vincent20 View Post
    No this forum is not full of farmers but then again I take it you know everione on this forum I guess not but there is a few ****s on here if people don't have any thing interesting to say well they should not say anything at all
    Not bad for your fith post, making friends already!

Quote Originally Posted by vincent20 View Post

No worries mate, We`ll see how many offers you get on the back of your freindly manner and lazy outlook.

he wont last long with a attitude like that !!!!!!!

[QUOTE=vincent20;504144]Hi everyone I am looking for land to ferret upon as the land I did have for the last 8 years was lost this year to my ferreting buddy some buddy he was so if there is any land in and around Kent on which I can ferret please do get in touch or if there is any land on which I can take me shot gun I would love to here from you yours in sport Vince[

Good luck mate , i got the same response from the know it alls , i put up what i wanted in the hope maybe just maybe someone might want a shooting partner or perhaps was going to stop shooting or like me was moving and giving up there permissions , and i got the same response as you , don't know why they feel the need to answer if they got nothing constructive to say , dont normally post because of that sort of posts , Anyway good luck and don't let the know it alls put you off .

look lads dont feel too let down, i had a guy with a quest on this forum. moved to the area and had no shooting.
    as i do pt keepering and always looking for beaters, i replied to his quest, and said if he could give me a couple of days beating without pay, i would give in return some foxing, bunny bashing and a bit of deer control. a year on, we have became good mates and shoot together on a regular basis.
    try going down the beating avenue on a local shoot, thats where you will meet like minded people and thr returns can be good...
    good luck and never give up. mark.

Gents, you have taken it all wrong, you are both new to the site and are asking for ground etc, nothing wrong with that but you must not expect too much of a positive response. We have had on here overtime a good many people who just come on looking to acquire land in some way shape or form and people have had their finger burnt when trying to help them out. So don't take offence and make smart answers to suggestions and statements it will not further your cause. A little more time on the site and contributing where possible may well get you somewhere, the internet equivalent of knocking on doors.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

It's always worth an ask mate, some people say its lazy but I'd say efficient asking everywhere you can. I was out asking for shooting permission on a farm near me and the farmer said he already has guys rough shooting but he needs someone to ferret out the rabbits as the guys shooting aren't getting enough. If Haisham isn't too far for you to travel them PM me and I will give you some more info.