Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howa 1500 Magazine Conversion

Howa 1500 Magazine Conversion

I have a .243 Howa 1500 - anyone done the floorplate to magazine conversion? & have you encountered any problems with it ?

I have one in .308 (same mag) works very well, prefers 9 to 10 rounds and raises eyebrows on Stalking outings feeds very well, never had a miss-feed even in comps with full 10 round rapid fire sections.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I have it on my foxing rifle mate had to take it off as the plastic clip on the front constantly catches things and falls out and with five rounds in could be dangerous my truth is don't go with it simply for the thing falling out the feeding of a round is fine but really clumsy

I have it on my 22/250 and so far haven't had any problems. The bullets load and feed fine in to the action

i dont't know of anyone that has one had heard about them was thinking of one for 22.250.i was told they only come in black and not stainless for that reason only i havn't got one if that was not so i would give one a go. if anyone knows different please give me a shout

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    i dont't know of anyone that has one had heard about them was thinking of one for 22.250.i was told they only come in black and not stainless for that reason only i havn't got one if that was not so i would give one a go. if anyone knows different please give me a shout
    they are made of black polymer.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

2 years ago I bought my 308 new with an axiom stock.
    Couple of months ago bought the magazine conversion, easy to fit and have had no problems with it.

No strange looks from people, infact a mate liked it so much he's just bought a 1500/stock/mag conversion for stalking

Big Howa fans.

However I do have issues with the Howa supplied Mag conversion - which has come up on other threads.

On plus side, everyone I've seen feeds faultlessly.

Downside -

Mag release can get caught when out in the field or if shooting across a log etc. Minor issue really. Main issue is that unless you set it / pack it as required very carefully the polymer base plate is very easy to split as you tighten down the stock screws.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Ive got one on my 243 perfect unless out of the truck window somtimed knocks retaining tag and falls out but had it a few months and got used to it cycles as good as fall plate

Got it on my 308 no probs so far