Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beaters Day

Beaters Day

Its our beaters day this Saturday coming and I was just wondering what you other keepers do to make it a extra special day for some hard working lads. We are all going out for a meal afterwards. Just wondering if there are any things you get up to for a laugh like best shot most missed. I'm sure it will be a good day any way as loads of birds about for them.
    Cheer's for any replies

personally i take breakfast for them things like port mince pies cake etc , then give them as good a day as i can usually 200 plus head cocks only and pertridges
    sweep stakes for the following

first pigeon of the day

number of shots

number of bag at the end of the day

draw for teams but try and make each walking team actually beat (easier said than done) personally on my days i wont carry a gun at all or at most for one drive

any body who hasnt had a shot or kill bt dinner time then gets to have a stand untill he does

hope this helps
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

All the decent ones pay for all the cartridges and supply lady loaders

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    personally i take breakfast for them things like port mince pies cake etc , then give them as good a day as i can usually 200 plus head cocks only and pertridges
    sweep stakes for the following

first pigeon of the day

number of shots

number of bag at the end of the day

draw for teams but try and make each walking team actually beat (easier said than done) personally on my days i wont carry a gun at all or at most for one drive

any body who hasnt had a shot or kill bt dinner time then gets to have a stand untill he does

hope this helps
    Cheers Spud I should have said its not the first time I've done this just looking for some new Ideas to mix it up a bit. I've got the teams sorted and drives we have a sweep for number of birds and shots. I like the Idea of breakfast could get a BBQ breakfast going

At the shoot i beat on theres a nice meal afterwards where the paying guns normally have theirs.Wine and beer thrown in for those not driving.
    Not everyone likes to shoot, so those that do chip in and make it worth their while.Its always a great social occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    Cheers Spud I should have said its not the first time I've done this just looking for some new Ideas to mix it up a bit. I've got the teams sorted and drives we have a sweep for number of birds and shots. I like the Idea of breakfast could get a BBQ breakfast going
    breakfast does take a bit of forward planning , some thing i started last year was leaving the big main drive , you know the wood that birds tend to end up in the last light any way i leave a big drive for the last drive odf the day and we all woalk it in to the middle and in theory every body should be shooting at driven birds but you have to watch the safety side
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneve frise View Post
    All the decent ones pay for all the cartridges and supply lady loaders
    I've got some twelve gauge for you oh sorry you shoot 20 bore. As for lady loaders I could ask around the village and see what Essex talent is about they could use there white hand bags as cartridge bags.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    breakfast does take a bit of forward planning , some thing i started last year was leaving the big main drive , you know the wood that birds tend to end up in the last light any way i leave a big drive for the last drive odf the day and we all woalk it in to the middle and in theory every body should be shooting at driven birds but you have to watch the safety side
    We use to do that on a shoot I shot years ago good fun but I agree with the safety side. I'm afraid I've not got any woods big enough to do that on my shoot all small spinneys all my drives are cover strips

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    I've got some twelve gauge for you oh sorry you shoot 20 bore. As for lady loaders I could ask around the village and see what Essex talent is about they could use there white hand bags as cartridge bags.
    Cool I will bring the auto then and if you you see the nice blond from the village she can load

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneve frise View Post
    Cool I will bring the auto then and if you you see the nice blond from the village she can load
    Its funny how you say the nice blond and I know the one you mean. Only if she wears them boots . I'm sorry no autos aloud got some etiquette to keep even with you scruffy lot.