243 help

Distinguished Member
right lads

ive got a savage 110 in 243 its a 20inch barrel and not sure of the twist rate (factory standard sporter barrel)

i currently load 100grain sierra softpoints in it with 35 grains of of n150 and get 2778 fps

im changing the use of this rifle its going to be a foxing only rifle now so i want it fast and flat as i can get it.

has any body got any good loads for the 58 grain vmax in 243 and what speed would you expect to acheive using that load on a 20 " barrel ?????

many thanks

ATB

Dave

Not sure about 58gr v max but my .243 is just my foxing rig now(T3 varmint). I use 70gr Blitzking's 39gr of vit n133 these are doing 3340fps.

Jonathon

right lads

ive got a savage 110 in 243 its a 20inch barrel and not sure of the twist rate (factory standard sporter barrel)

i currently load 100grain sierra softpoints in it with 35 grains of of n150 and get 2778 fps

im changing the use of this rifle its going to be a foxing only rifle now so i want it fast and flat as i can get it.

has any body got any good loads for the 58 grain vmax in 243 and what speed would you expect to acheive using that load on a 20 " barrel ?????

many thanks

ATB

Dave
Vit 140 39gr to 43.2gr

Try 60gn Sierra hp varminters, under (my load ) 45.5gns of h414 or win 760, if memory serves doing 3670 from my weatherby,very very flat and flattens charlie very nicely, I have now switched to 80gn Sierra btsp blitz,and use these on fox and deer, and up to now seem very good on both,shot a cwd last weekend with them @150 ish and dropped on the spot,went straight through without a huge amount of meat damage,so am very happy with these at the moment,a few more deer with them I think to properly evaluate them, but the early signs are good.

Back