Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P.J. Haggart deerstalker.

P.J. Haggart deerstalker.

I am looking for a Haggarts of Aberfeldy deerstalker in almost any tweed. Good condition with tied or velcro earflaps. Size 7 1/2 approximately. Thanks in advance.

SD Regular
    Are they no longer in business at Aberfeldy? I had a shooting/stalking suit made there in the early 1990s. Sadly no "twae snouter" but a conventional but larger all around flat cap.

Heard rumours that the business has been sold and the shop is converting to a fast food joint. I have dozens of Haggarts tweeds but i have never had a deerstalker since my "accident".

I was looking for a Deerstalker before Christmas most of the ones on web sites are cheap crap but I found a company called Mr Hat and ordered one off them and the quality is very good the cost was 35 ish
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I know this is not Haggarts but how about The Sutherland Sporting Tweed Company in Lairg, they do deerstalkers and Sherlocks and they have an online shop as well.

Cheers

A.M.

I'm sure that a rep from haggarts is normaly at the moy sports fair,smoking his pipe in full tweed suit.i had a hat that was needing to re lined,sent off a 1 week later I got it back,like new.not much help

Not be at Moy this year then?

Regular Poster
    RED-DOT - just spoke to my ma and asked her this for you (because she's in on Aberfeldy purple-rinse wire) and apparently they are reducing their shop floor size but continuing to mill and at least produce estate kit. So I would just call them. Although, having said that, I also have kit made from The Sutherland Sporting Tweed Company in Lairg as tattie mentioned above and their service is excellent.

Very good news! I intended popping by on the way back from the Tay fishing opening day but PJH are always closed on Tuesdays. Thanks.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 15-01-2013 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Very good news! I intended popping by on the way back from the Tay fishing opening day but PJH are always closed on Tuesdays. Thanks.
    PI would go with the Lairg man, same style and the quality is that of Haggarts in days gone by.