Hello everyone

Knifeman

Hi everyone, I am new to all this and am looking for a bit of guidence,advice anything really. I have just done my DSC1 I found it really interesting and enjoyed the whole experience, I have been shooting rabbits with a 22 rimfire for a few years now,
I am a keen Knifemaker having made many stalking knives for people at the shoot where i go beating, and friends of friends i am getting some really good feedback which is really good, I have just set up my own website to try to promote my knives, I am also very keen on stickmaking.
I hope to find some good tips from you fine people.
regards Paul Kaye.

Hello Paul

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your Level 1, hope you are thinking about Level 2 now???

You should tell us more about your knives and whether they meet all the hygiene regs, I for one would be interested.

I have a friend who like you is a stick maker. You would think that some of his hand carving has been done on a machine. The demand is very high so good luck to you Paul.

Perhaps we can see some photo's soon ??

Good Luck

Steve.

Hi yes i do make knives that meet all the current regs, I was told at first that wood could not be used for the handle of a stalking knife so i bought loads of corrian which is a food safe material, normally bone or ivory colour there are other colours tho, I later found out from Dave Stretton of Donnington deer mangagment that i can use wood as long as it is sealed properly, i buy stabilized wood from the states which makes it work like plasic but still has a great look, The sheaths can be lined with a plastic liner. If anyone is interested in making there own i do make kits up for people.
hope this helps

pics if anyone is interested?

thank you for you interest in my knives, i couldn't work out how to put pics on here but this is my website, its still in prodution but there are some pics on.

Back