Purchasing a firearm

devin9989

Hello all, I have a quick question, I have moved out of Wiltshire to neighbouring Dorset. I have informed my Wilts FEO of this, I have yet to have a call from Dorset but I know my details have been sent to them! Now I have finally got the funds to buy a new shotgun! Can I still buy this shotgun? If so what could I do? many thanks for taking the time to read this.

have you still got your license of have you sent it into Dorset police, if you still have your license as far as i Iknow you can still add more shotguns, but if your unsure just give them a quick call to double check
atb
simon

I still have my wilts certificates, was advised by the wilts feo not to hand them over to dorset until they have produced my new ones. Thanks Simon

I'd be inclined to agree with Simon and give them a ring it could save a lot of hassle in thee long run.

I still have my wilts certificates, was advised by the wilts feo not to hand them over to dorset until they have produced my new ones. Thanks Simon

That is the correct procedure. You should be able to continue to use your Wilts one until the new one appears, so the purchase should be fine. You've notified them of the change so you've done all that is necessary.

well you shouldnt have any probs buying another shotgun if you still have your license, but just double check first
atb
simon

well you shouldnt have any probs buying another shotgun if you still have your license, but just double check first
atb
simon
Just crack on, then send notification of acquisition to both wilts and Dorset (not the rubbish bus co) to be on the safe side. At worst, wilts will let you know the email is unnessacarry, at best, it'll kick Dorset into action. But why you moved from one of the best counties to one of the worst, good luck buddy. I was looking at a place near frome, lovely place, 100yards into Somerset so that knocked it on the head.

Pete

You are under no obligation to surrender your Wilts issued licence untill it has expired and you are still living in Dorset.
You only need to inform them of any permanent change of address.
In the case of FACs what if Dorset and Wilts operate different conditioning systems you could actually end up with tighter comditions then you had with your previous issuing force but it could also go the other way

Ian.

Thanks all for your comments, i spoke to a wilts feo today, he said that i was able to buy anything i wanted (if the ticket allowed)and that it would get forwarded to dorset, policeso to carry on as normal :) new beretta here i come lol

Back