Fridge to Chiller?

Tommo

This has probably been done to death, but could someone explain how exactly l change a larder fridge to become a chiller.

Do i have a to put in a fan, then have it thermostatically operated, cutting the fan on and off at say 5-7 deg c? Whats the best method?

Tom

Frankly it is a lot easier to buy a larder fridge with an integral fan - I picked one up on e-bay for £40 last month.

If you are only using for Muntjac or Roe you will probably get away hanging your hook & gambrel off the nylon coated wire shelves (reason for avoiding the posher glass shelved models). Otherwise you are into modifying the fridge as descibed in a previous thread which also covered fitting external fans.

I hope this is of some help.

Neal

Tom

As Neal says, it's easier to start with a fridge that already has a fan:

deerfridge.jpg

The above will hold a couple of roe at a push, or up to five muntjac :eek: The latter was a bit of a squeeze :D I picked mine up from eBay for next to nothing.

willie_gunn

do it have to have a fan?? would have thought in such a small space the temperture would have been the same, but i could be wrong, my reason for asking :D

Fan is important for air circulation and hence to stop carcass going mouldy not for temperature control.

Neal

Back