Sako Replacement Triggers

Anyone used a trigger unit for a Sako from this company before? If so any comment?

Sako

Thanks

i bought one, and a highly respected rifle smith spent a lot of time attempting to fit it and for it to be safe in a stalking rifle. Wasted time and effort, as we agreed that a rifle that was prone to slam fire is definitely NOT safe. Reverted to factory trigger , honed, and polished, totally safe and quite good enough for stalking.

The trigger bits are in a drawer somewhere in my "Room" , and will never be used.

Just my experience FWIW

i bought one, and a highly respected rifle smith spent a lot of time attempting to fit it and for it to be safe in a stalking rifle. Wasted time and effort, as we agreed that a rifle that was prone to slam fire is definitely NOT safe. Reverted to factory trigger , honed, and polished, totally safe and quite good enough for stalking.

The trigger bits are in a drawer somewhere in my "Room" , and will never be used.

Just my experience FWIW

Thanks for that, worth knowing.

I think from memory peter jackson had a lot to do with these in the past and in the end gave up on them .. From what ive heard about them through various forums they dont work and as stated in the above post are difficult to get to worse in safe conditions

youre better to replace the trigger spring in the standard sako i got both miine down to a very safe 12 ozs for target work

Same here! very easy to do and transforms the trigger! although the sako ones are pretty much excellent as standard! but now improved with the springs!

Thanks for the replies. Just thinking out loud. I know the Sako trigger is not bad, but after having a Jewell in 2 or 3 rifles over the years was wondering if there was an alternative replacement for a Sako action.

Last edited:
Back