Thread: any amatuer astronomers on here?

any amatuer astronomers on here?

as title

any amatuer astronomers or just folk with telescope like to sit n watch the skies??

what telescopes do you have?

paul

Hi mate. I have always been fascinated with the night sky, more so since I met my wife who had some books and was a bit more experienced. When we met she had a Skywatcher 130 or something like that. We unfortunately lost this during a move and have not replaced it yet. Maybe a good idea for a future birthday gift from me to her. What are you using? I have heard people using top of the range binoculars on a tripod with much better results and for less money than most decent telescopes. Is this true?

i wouldnt know bud

just summit im thinking bout myself...fancied a 'scope for a wee while myself...my mate bought one last year and ive had a look and cracking views....its one of these computerised GOTO ones

only thing ive done is i have a hertel & reuss draw scoe i stuck on a tripod and had a gander at the moon....was very surprised at how good that was...

just an idea been playing with ...and wondered if any folks on here into it

paul

Get a sextant an almanack and you will have hours of fun trying to figure out where you live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    Get a sextant an almanack and you will have hours of fun trying to figure out where you live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Better yet, get yourself an iPhone/iPad app like Star Walk, GoSkyWatch or Planet Finder.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I got a Skywatcher 130m telescope at Christmas for the family. Only had a couple of goes with it so far but seeing Jupiter in all its glory was quite something. Just trying to source a webcam to get a bit easier viewing.