BBC Winter Watch

Klenchblaize

Notwithstanding my wife’s exasperation with yet more shots of non indigenous snoozing beavers (resist, this is a family-friendly site!) did anyone else note the wholly unnecessary clamour to assert that the roe doe used at the loch-side baiting station was “road kill”? The inference being that the Beeb wouldn’t dream of sanctioning use of a humanely culled beast be it supplied c/o FCS or a private estate’s Ranger.

Guess I’m just too sensitive to this insistence on political correctness at every turn though.

Cheers

K
Ps: Aren’t Pine Marten’s cute!

Notwithstanding my wife’s exasperation with yet more shots of non indigenous snoozing beavers (resist, this is a family-friendly site!) did anyone else note the wholly unnecessary clamour to assert that the roe doe used at the loch-side baiting station was “road kill”? The inference being that the Beeb wouldn’t dream of sanctioning use of a humanely culled beast be it supplied c/o FCS or a private estate’s Ranger.

Guess I’m just too sensitive to this insistence on political correctness at every turn though.

Cheers

K
Ps: Aren’t Pine Marten’s cute!

Not in the duck run!

This one caught in a live capture trap that is big enough for a large Lab! They and not small or timid! (that is 2" mesh)

Attachments

• DSCF0981.jpg
    DSCF0981.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Can't watch it. Cwis Packham's speech impediment irritates me.

The speech impediment doesn't come into it he's just irritating. What many people do not know is that his partner/wife owns Sandown Zoo on the Isle of Wight which has a collection of Lions and Tigers amongst its caged exhibits. atb Tim

in other word a realist that has an idea how things "work" and need balanced
and not a "bunnyhugger"!!

bet the cat fluffy pussy brigade loved that!

paul

I liked the comment when the badger was seen on the dead roe, how suprised they were said badger diet was 50% earth worms, didn't think they would take carrion. I do wonder what plannet they live on, bet they won't show a brock tearing the carcas to bits.

D

I have attended a talk locally given by him, he's fine and quite empathetic with farmers et al. ................The Irish water spaniel is a different animal !!!! As for music, with his pet wasps and all, well...........:?:
I can forgive him for that given his knowledge of subject but that he dislikes Jazz is another mater!

Saw a little bit of it last night. Cant stand programms that give animals names, but one thing made me look up and take note was when the bird asked the two fellers " Should we see how the beaver is getting on".
I thought that would pull the viewers in on prime time American TV............

ha ha .... very good !

I started taking greater interest in her when I discovered that her favourite past time is to stroll naked in the countryside ;)

My Irish Water Spaniel strolls naked through the countryside all the time, you are more than welcome to come and watch.

The body language or rather lack thereof between the two male presenters and Michaela Strachan is palpable. That which does exist frankly has more in common with the territorial machinations of grey seals than professional BBC presenters and is unforgivable even if, as is equally apparent, Ms. Strachan is trying far too hard.

Back