Thread: Leupold or Nikon ?

Leupold or Nikon ?

I'm looking to get a new 3-9 x 50 scope for my .270 My first love and favourite has been the Leupold VR.
    I've heard good things about the Nikon Monarch. I've used Nikon in the photography field. but that doesn't always follow through.
    Has anyone compared the two or have any thoughts on which would be the better scope ?

i have a nikon monarch 5.5-16.5x44 on my 17hmr and a 6.5-20x40 vx3 on my 308.
    i could put the leuopold on the 17 but couldnt put the nikon on the 308 as the nikon eye relief doesnt allow without craning my neck.
    the clarity and light gathering reticle etc are pretty similar but if i had to choose i would go leuopold

pete

if your near oxford you can have a look and see what i mean

Thanks for that, I appreciate your opinion. I'm in Dorset, if I was nearer I'd take you up on your kind offer.

I got a Leupold 3-9x50 Vari X1 at Sportsman GC today, can't really go wrong at 250 with lifetime warranty.

ive a 3-9x50 rifleman on my 243, i believe this is a grade down from the vx1. ive never had a problemwith it and its accounted for loads of fox and deer.

Thanks for that. I bought a Leupold 3-9 x 50 Vari X1 from Sportsman Gun Centre on Friday. For 250, I don't think you'll get a better scope with a lifetime warranty.

i have a Nikon Buckmaster on my HMR and its a cracking scope. very good for dusk/lamping. Its not quite as clear as my nightforce but certainly very good value for money

i have a Nikon Buckmaster on my HMR and its a cracking scope. very good for dusk/lamping. Its not quite as clear as my nightforce but certainly very good value for money