Thread: mentor anyone?

mentor anyone?

Hi everyone, I am new to stalking i have just done my DSC1 and really enjoyed it, I have been shooting rabbits with my rimfire for quite a few years now, i have not got a centrefire rifle for deer yet i am saving up at the moment, i am just looking for someone in derbyshire with local stalking that i could maybe just watch and learn, mainly the grollach. Or if anyone just has some good advice for me in any aspects of stalking.
    regards Paul kaye

Must be someone in Derby.......bump!

Hi Paul.
    Yes there are stalkers in Derbyshire. I live in Derby but my ground is F C in Scotland (5 hours drive away). Not easy access and I go for a minimum of 2 days. Mainly Roe with the occasional Red. At present nothing is moving in the forest, plus the little black beasties are out in plague proportions so not going till later when the rut starts.
    Would recommend watching some of David Strettons DVD,s about gralloching and level 2 requirements. He's from Donnington Park just down the road. Not sure how much they cost.
    As you are probably aware we have not got many Roe in Derbyshire so at present the only deer for us locally is the Muntjac which is very illusive and with the high crops at present makes them very hard to cull. I will keep my ears to the ground and if I hear of anyone local that can help you with your request especially when the Fallow bucks are back in season I will let you know.
    Paul

Re: mentor anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeman
    Hi everyone, I am new to stalking i have just done my DSC1 and really enjoyed it, I have been shooting rabbits with my rimfire for quite a few years now, i have not got a centrefire rifle for deer yet i am saving up at the moment, i am just looking for someone in derbyshire with local stalking that i could maybe just watch and learn, mainly the grollach. Or if anyone just has some good advice for me in any aspects of stalking.
    regards Paul kaye

paulkayeknives.com
    why do you need a mentor
    just buy yourself some days stalking with other stalkers around the country or do a swap for a knife or 2
    lots of decent stalker on this site who will take your money but treat you fair, some will take you for free
    and show you the ropes along the way that way you learn a multitude of things
    if you get no joy then pm me some details and i will pass them on to a stalker who has fallow in your area who you can trust and is not that expensive
    ATB