Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxing in snow

Foxing in snow

Should be afew foxes out and about tonight hopefully, thanks to the blizzards last night!

yep, Just got a dog I have been after for days, 06:30 and did not even need the lamp :-). Big bugger too.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Well done, im just off now, mines been appearing around midnight

Never done any good at all Foxin in snow in over ten years shot only a handful with snow on the ground .?

same as you doug, n.hants foxes dont like cold...
    still up and down to essex, at the mo mate. going this morning but the old girl is still hanging on.
    had our beat shoot mon 14th, chucked it down with snow all day but it was a very good day out.
    keep well ill be in touch.
    regards mark.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperstweed View Post
    n.hants foxes dont like cold...
    This boy does not like the cold now. Great thing about the snow is I got this chap last night without having to use the lamp,

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

nice one mate. but ours have much much thicker coats !!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    This boy does not like the cold now. Great thing about the snow is I got this chap last night without having to use the lamp,

No snow down here hoping to get some this Friday so we can have a good go at charlie

I've had some good foxing in the snow on moolight nights with a remote caller 60yds out in the field. I park the truck in a gap in a tall overgrown hedge and sit and wait.My best night was 4 in 3 hours parked in the same spot. Its interesting to watch how they behave without a lamp on them and I've had them come in from behind me almost going under the back of the truck.

Never tried it, but the old man just informed me he went out yesterday round our permission in Suffolk and had a few. Didnt use the lamp as the moon and snow illuminated the ground nicely. He did say however that they could definitely see you coming a LONG way off. Also added that they made much more of an effort than normal to get around you if they could make you out.
    However, he may just have been elaborating!!
    Aim Small, Miss Small