Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: buying a .243

  1. #1

    buying a .243

    call me a numpty, but can someone (me!) buy a centrefire from a private seller like i can a shotgun-or is there a whole lot of other rigmarole involved? or does it need to be a rfd transfer? cheers.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by fangler View Post
    call me a numpty, but can someone (me!) buy a centrefire from a private seller like i can a shotgun-or is there a whole lot of other rigmarole involved? or does it need to be a rfd transfer? cheers.
    As long as you have a slot 'to acquire' on your fac, and it's done face to face, the seller writes the details on your ticket, you inform you Licencing dept. done. Simples

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    As long as you have a slot 'to acquire' on your fac, and it's done face to face, the seller writes the details on your ticket, you inform you Licencing dept. done. Simples
    cheers tramp. just a wee niggle you see!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fangler View Post
    cheers tramp. just a wee niggle you see!
    Better to ask and get the right way, than to do it wrong and end up in the s*** mate. A fool is one who doesn't ask.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    Better to ask and get the right way, than to do it wrong and end up in the s*** mate. A fool is one who doesn't ask.
    true, but i often ask foolish questions!! mouth open foot in is a common occurrence in my household! cheers.

  6. #6
    +1 correct answer and nowt wrong with asking fangler

  7. #7
    If you do buy the rifle don't forget to notify your constabulary of the purchase, this can usually be done by email (ask for a receipt of notification).
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    If you do buy the rifle don't forget to notify your constabulary of the purchase, this can usually be done by email (ask for a receipt of notification).
    i've bought shotguns before, same process yeah?

  9. #9
    Yes same process.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  10. #10
    no such thing as stupid questions

    just stupid answers!
    its a piece of cake and the trade would have you believe it is a mine field!

Similar Threads

  1. Buying second hand
    By sundog in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-10-2011, 17:04
  2. Buying From USA
    By jamross65 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 18-09-2011, 15:39
  3. Buying kit
    By tika.308 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 10:20
  4. Buying from an auction
    By LSF in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 08:50
  5. Buying a scope
    By john clem in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 20:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •