Thread: Its doubly pleasing when you have been after the bugger for days :-)

Its doubly pleasing when you have been after the bugger for days :-)

This sneaky bugger has been helping himself to chickens for days, completely lamp-shy and very very wary. I had him yesterday at about 18:15 but could not get him out of the hedge for a safe shot, so in place from 16:10 today, bloody freezing but at 18:30 he was legging it across the bank, there was no way he was going to stop so without the lamp but very distinct against the snow I hit him, a hard hit that rolled him and there was that very distinct thwack as the round hit, took my eye off him for a moment as i tried to uncoil myself in the cold and bugger me he was gone, took me about 10 mins to find him and I was all set to go and get a dog when I spotted him up by the top hedge. This fox is completely unzipped, the .243 went in his chest, opened his gut and the contents was completely out and yet he managed to do about 20 yards after I hit him!!!

A handsome fat fellow who has been doing well on the chicken.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

good looking animal
    very light and "red"

Well done. It's amazing how far they can go after being hit. I once had one run eighty yards with a fist-sized hole right through the middle of its chest...

good shot neil its a better feeling when you know you got the current culprit

Well done, a good one to get, the chicken thief is no more.

Neil, If it was easy, they'd all be doing it!,............ sport of Kings mate!, can't beat the rush when you see your long time adversary,............. & you laid the ground rules not him!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Same thing happened to me last Friday night hit him at about 250yrds and he ran about 10 to 15 yrds and when we found him his insides where all out tuff bu ers a

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by G1963 View Post
    Same thing happened to me last Friday night hit him at about 250yrds and he ran about 10 to 15 yrds and when we found him his insides where all out tuff bu ers a
    you need to get that distance thing sorted bud,

it was about 280 to 300 i think after we drove over to where he was on the strike then looked back we where miles away from where you took the shot,

ps: the thing that blew out the window was my hand warmer pad, but i have more

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube