Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: out of ammo and no ticket

out of ammo and no ticket

sent licence of 12 weeks ago still not got it back anyone else having this problem with west midland police

your RFD can call the police HQ and get confirmation you have the right to buy ammo.

^ this
    personally I never hand them in

they dont need the actual FAC

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    they dont need the actual FAC
    Try telling Gloucestershire that. I've submitted variations in the past without enclosing my ticket, within days I'll have a phonecall or a letter stating that nothing will be done until I get my ticket to them. Me offering to swap on day of issue of replacement has always been rejected.

Jontie, I had 7 months last year in the same position, it was hard going, so feel your frustration. Had stocked up on .22LR and had plenty of bullets for handloading, or so I thought. I was down to my last dozen or so when I got my ticket back.

they just dont care they are currently merging with stafford and only have three people in the office i sent it in for variation for .308 for deer and bore with covering land permission form with the cheque and i phone and phone and they say its being processed its a nightmare just want it back now as i am down to my last 6 foxing rounds and .243 is limited also i might speak to local rfd who i no well they can proberly call them as guy above said

Quote Originally Posted by jontie3332 View Post
    sent licence of 12 weeks ago still not got it back anyone else having this problem with west midland police

Get on the phone. Tell them that you have no ammo, you need some as you have an irate farmer moaning about the foxes that you can't shoot and is threatening to revoke your permission, they are being inefficient and if you lose the land due to their inefficiency,or you don't have a ticket in your grubby mitts within 5 working days, you'll be making an official complaint. And ask them to 'up' your available holdings to ensure you are not in the same position the next time your ticket goes in. And back this up in writing.
    And if they don't sort within a reasonable time, say, 7 days, put the complaint in. I can assure you there can not be any comeback against you as you are well within your rights as a taxpayer and customer to expect reasonable service.

You will also find that they give you better service in the future as they won't want another complaint.

Atb
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jontie3332 View Post
    they just dont care they are currently merging with stafford and only have three people in the office i sent it in for variation for .308 for deer and bore with covering land permission form with the cheque and i phone and phone and they say its being processed its a nightmare just want it back now as i am down to my last 6 foxing rounds and .243 is limited also i might speak to local rfd who i no well they can proberly call them as guy above said
    OK . This thread has drifted onto enclosure of old FAC with renewal/variation applications, but to answer your question there's no way of getting an RFD to issue ammo without production of a valid FAC. He has a legal responsibility to record the transaction on it.

One more reason to reload I guess.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

I'm pretty sure L&B will accept a phone call from a verified RFD and permit him to issue/sell ammo over the phone.

Do you not know anyone who shoots the same calibre and may let you use some in his presence........

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    OK . This thread has drifted onto enclosure of old FAC with renewal/variation applications, but to answer your question there's no way of getting an RFD to issue ammo without production of a valid FAC. He has a legal responsibility to record the transaction on it.

one more reason to reload I guess.
    There is.
    as above. They don't sign it. it is not a legal document but a register of who and what (rfd number and ammo quantity)
    There is no issue with who fills in the FAC and if the FLO has been ignorant enough to take you only physical proof that you have an FAC then they have a duty to fill it in when the RFD calls

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I'm pretty sure L&B will accept a phone call from a verified RFD and permit him to issue/sell ammo over the phone.
    they do.
    even from outside L&B, I bought ammo in Northumberland and they rang L&B who added the allowance to the system.
    when my new variation came through the ammo was not on it (as it was entered onto the system like all historical ammo bought is and cleared off the paper copy)
    Last edited by bewsher500; 16-01-2013 at 13:54.