Thread: Venison Bangers?

Venison Bangers?

I traveled to England and Scotland in my youth, 40yrs ago. I enjoyed 'bangers.' Does anyone have a recipe for these made with venison? I assume one would add pork or beef? capt david

give mike dickinson a pm at calton moor range he has a great recipe for venison sausages and burgers, had some before christmas very morish

Quote Originally Posted by captdavid View Post
    I traveled to England and Scotland in my youth, 40yrs ago. I enjoyed 'bangers.' Does anyone have a recipe for these made with venison? I assume one would add pork or beef? capt david
    I use hog runners for skins and then a mixture of three quarters venison mince to a quarter minced pork belly or half minced venison to half minced pork shoulder depending on what I can get ahold of. I like really coarse mince as I prefer the texture but some people prefer a smoother sausage so mince it finer. I add pinhead oatmeal until it "feels right" (I do all the mixing with my hands so I can feel the texture of the mixture.) I tend to add black pepper, mace, ground ginger,nutmeg, sage and thyme. If the mixture feels dry you can add some thick chicken or pheasant stock or a bit of olive oil. You can also add onion or crushed garlic to taste. Whatever you do fry a little bit before you stuff your sausages and taste it then adjust the seasoning.