Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: partners may get say on sgc or fac's

partners may get say on sgc or fac's

Recipe for more potential hassle than you could shake a stick at!

What happens if the relationship breaks down, it's bad enough now but that could be used against the FAC holder for years to come.

Seriously bad news.

If they are going to that level of intrusion why not licence your partner as well? That would save all this nonsense about hiding your safe keys from them, and if your are really lucky they could clean your gun for you whilst you relax after your shooting trip. atb Tim

"its me or the guns" sorry love, your going to have to go.

The Goverment looked at this once before and threw it out
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

This issue is already accounted for under current FAC application regs with discretion in the hands of the Police Chief Constable. However, since current home office guidelines are not adhered to by UK constabularies, with 40 odd PCC's introducing their own versions of what they require, it's all a 'rats nest' anyway.
    Once again, brain dead politicians are dreaming up more crap - rather than making the PCC's do their jobs properly.
    After all, it is police investigative and issue failures that resulted in Ryan at Hungerford, Hamilton at Dunblane and now it seems also the Cumbrian laddie being given legal access to firearms.
    Still, when have the scuffers paid attention to what ordinary people in the shooting community think.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

load of tosh.

what really gets me are the comments from all the ignorant people..guns must be kept away from the home. gun owners should be shot. we're all evil and should burn in hell. game should be shot with bow and arrow and large game caught with snares.

LOL...dear god, do we really walk amongst these idiots, do we sit next to them on the bus, train, pass them on the street, bump into them in the store,,or are they in another part of the world,,,because I personally cannot believe my fellow man can say stupid **** like that!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    This issue is already accounted for under current FAC application regs with discretion in the hands of the Police Chief Constable. However, since current home office guidelines are not adhered to by UK constabularies, with 40 odd PCC's introducing their own versions of what they require, it's all a 'rats nest' anyway.
    Once again, brain dead politicians are dreaming up more crap - rather than making the PCC's do their jobs properly.
    After all, it is police investigative and issue failures that resulted in Ryan at Hungerford, Hamilton at Dunblane and now it seems also the Cumbrian laddie being given legal access to firearms.
    Still, when have the scuffers paid attention to what ordinary people in the shooting community think.
    Well said atb Tim

I think it's a fair proposal.... why shouldn't partners have a say in whether guns are kept in the house?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

also mentions 'recent' partners. what if some ex partner who f'ing hates your guts told the police you were a danger and should not be considered fit for gun ownership, or an ex wife...then you're screwed for perhaps no reason.