Thread: Urgent call to licence swimming pools! Act now!!!

Urgent call to licence swimming pools! Act now!!!

"After reading this shocking report its clear where our next battle lies. http://www.swimmingpoolnews.co.uk/pages/news98.html (UK drowning statistics show not enough people can swim)

We now propose that all swimming pool owners should be background checked, to make sure they are not maliciously using their swimming pool to lure people to a watery death. Afterall, we dont need swimming pools at all, they are only an enjoyment device, that being so we really have to question why people feel the need to own these evil killing water storage facilities under the false premise that they are an enjoyment device, i think its only fair, for the greater good and public protection that anyone who wants to own a swimming pool above the proposed depth of 40cm, or otherwise posess a large body of water should apply to their local police force for a OWC (Open Water Certificate ), the proposed certificate will cost 50, and a sucessfull applicant will have to comply with the conditions of the certificate to make sure there is no misuse of the swimming pool. Unsucessfull applicants will lose their application fee of 50 and will have to pay for their water storage facility to be infilled with concreate. I stongly feel that by taking this line we will reduce the hooligans and abusers of swimming pools and water storage facilities, and thus prevent the unnecesary death toll that is clearly spiraling out of controll. We Must Act Now.

JUST KIDDING! IN ALL SERIOUSNESS LOOK AT THE PROPOSALS FOR THE AIRGUN LICIENCEING SCHEME IN AN ATTEMPT TO RECUDE CRIME IN SCOTLAND. http://www.facebook.com/NoToAirgunLicencingInScotland
    SIGN THE PETITION NOW. (Joke Disclaimer for those who cannot read typed sarcasm)"

Saw this on FB and made me laugh

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    "After reading this shocking report its clear where our next battle lies. http://www.swimmingpoolnews.co.uk/pages/news98.html (UK drowning statistics show not enough people can swim)

We now propose that all swimming pool owners should be background checked, to make sure they are not maliciously using their swimming pool to lure people to a watery death. Afterall, we dont need swimming pools at all, they are only an enjoyment device, that being so we really have to question why people feel the need to own these evil killing water storage facilities under the false premise that they are an enjoyment device, i think its only fair, for the greater good and public protection that anyone who wants to own a swimming pool above the proposed depth of 40cm, or otherwise posess a large body of water should apply to their local police force for a OWC (Open Water Certificate ), the proposed certificate will cost 50, and a sucessfull applicant will have to comply with the conditions of the certificate to make sure there is no misuse of the swimming pool. Unsucessfull applicants will lose their application fee of 50 and will have to pay for their water storage facility to be infilled with concreate. I stongly feel that by taking this line we will reduce the hooligans and abusers of swimming pools and water storage facilities, and thus prevent the unnecesary death toll that is clearly spiraling out of controll. We Must Act Now.

JUST KIDDING! IN ALL SERIOUSNESS LOOK AT THE PROPOSALS FOR THE AIRGUN LICIENCEING SCHEME IN AN ATTEMPT TO RECUDE CRIME IN SCOTLAND. http://www.facebook.com/NoToAirgunLicencingInScotland
    SIGN THE PETITION NOW. (Joke Disclaimer for those who cannot read typed sarcasm)"

Saw this on FB and made me laugh
    420 water related deaths every year?.... Ban it from the civilian population. Obviously, only Firemen and the Navy should have access to it... and maybe a few fishermen... and yachting enthusiasts... OK, maybe "some" people have a justifiable need.. but I totally draw the line at water-pistols.

football stadiums are dangerous places too.... close them all I say
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

SD Regular
    Ah sometimes there's a little truth in the Ops post...

Google Stoney Cove Diver Death and so far over twenty people have died there in the years that it has been operating.