Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cerakote Firearms Coating

Cerakote Firearms Coating

Last year we changed completed our change to Cerakote for all our firearms finishing work. In May 2012 our head gunsmith Mark Dunford went to the NIC industries European headquarter in Germany to learn about the applications of Cerakote and become a fully trained and factory licensed applicator as there were none in the UK.
    We chose Cerakote because under tests Cerakote wins out against its competitors including Duracoat and GunKote in all areas including
    Abrasion, Durability, Chemical Resistance, Corrosion, Hardness, Adhesion, Flexibility.
    Test results can be viewed here http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/testing/
    Since June we have been applying Cerakote to many different items not just firearms. So far we have coated everything from boat parts to custom jewellery to parts for use in the nuclear industry, to R.O.Vís for ocean research. At the end of last year the UK MOD also began to order the fore end rails for SA80 coated in Cerakote flat dark earth. We have also completed a number of projects for various UK police forces
    We have a purpose built application facility at our Norfolk base and I have attached some pictures of the kind of jobs we have been asked to do on various firearms. We can coat nearly any surface with Cerakote designed for that purpose including oven cure and air cure for use on soft plastics, optics and electronic equipment.

We have most commonly asked for colours in stock. We also do black

Currently we are the only factory tained certified applicators in the UK and are the NIC industries distributor for the UK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fox.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	23596

Name:	kim02.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	23597

Name:	IMG_1864.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	613.9 KB 
ID:	23598

Name:	vortex7.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	269.2 KB 
ID:	23599

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	541.3 KB 
ID:	23600

I think you will find James Clark is certified.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    I think you will find James Clark is certified.

hes Dura coat and some times answers the phone ...maybe

He does both, he went to the states for certification. Answers my calls!

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    hes Dura coat and some times answers the phone ...maybe
    I have been certified for Duracoat products since 2007 and Cerakote since early 2010 so I guess that makes me the first certified user in the UK...I answer the phone as much as possible, If I don't it's because I don't hear it when in the spray booth so apologies for that! Please leave a message, I don't have a secretary I'm afraid!

We apply both the coatings to all manner of parts, from firearms, engine parts, exhaust pipes to plastics...there isn't much we haven't coated since starting in 2007!

Our prices are realistic and our work second to none!
    Last edited by Jager SA; 17-01-2013 at 15:23.

James has always been a helpful guy!
    Recommend him without hesitation.

BTW;
    In May 2012 our head gunsmith Mark Dunford went to the NIC industries European headquarter in Germany to learn about the applications of Cerakote and become a fully trained and factory licensed applicator as there were none in the UK.

Not very well researched then...

hi
    i'v had rifles done by Jager and the work done was 1st class at a good price ,he may be hard to get hold of some times but leave a message and he gets back as soon as he can, he was a one man band with eight arms trying to get on .would i use him again Yes . i would just pin him down to day and time and he will be there.
    thanks again for my ltr feller still looks well .
    paul o'

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    I have been certified for Duracoat products since 2007 and Cerakote since early 2010 so I guess that makes me the first certified user in the UK...I answer the phone as much as possible, If I don't it's because I don't hear it when in the spray booth so apologies for that! Please leave a message, I don't have a secretary I'm afraid!

We apply both the coatings to all manner of parts, from firearms, engine parts, exhaust pipes to plastics...there isn't much we haven't coated since starting in 2007!

Our prices are realistic and our work second to none!

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    James has always been a helpful guy!
    Recommend him without hesitation.

BTW;

Not very well researched then...
    Im sure there are other people doing it but if I could refer for a moment you to NIC industries web site http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/resource/locator/ you will see that we are the only people officialy recognised by NIC. I'm sure other people can get themselves on there as well but as far as the company that make the stuff are concerned we are the people to see.
    I'm sure James wont lose out on any business. Maybe hes lost contact with NIC or something but they are not aware of anyone else in the UK.

To give folks an idea of cost for the coating work heres a list of prices.

Barrel/action/bottom metal £85 (With Mod and rings £120)

Stocks £85-£110 Depending on prep work

Mags £15

Mods £25

Ring sets £20

Scopes £60 (With covers £90)

I dont charge for taking rifles apart, 2 screws or knocking out a couple of pins from rifles takes a few minutes, all I say is send me what you want coated.

Postage costs are extra but are actual costs.