Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up to N. Wales members

Heads Up to N. Wales members

New gunshop opened in Pwllheli, apparently. On the back road near the police station.
    Not confirmed this with my own eyes yet, but heard it from the FEO this morning.

That will be somewere for me to visit next time the misses and the kids take me to Havan y Mor!

Well, I hope it is true. And with any luck if you order something they may well actually get it in for you, unlike other gunshops I shall not name in Bangor and Ruthin!

If anyone happens to pop by the shop could you let us all know if it's worth a visit? It's not often I'm over that way unless it's a beach day!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Well, I hope it is true. And with any luck if you order something they may well actually get it in for you, unlike other gunshops I shall not name in Bangor and Ruthin!
    That's exactly what I'm hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    i think the 2 are linked now but i did ask the 1 in Ruthin to get some 39 bks for my 204 back in june and you know they have still not come in ???

Thanks for the heads up. Cheers, K

Quote Originally Posted by magnum View Post
    i think the 2 are linked now but i did ask the 1 in Ruthin to get some 39 bks for my 204 back in june and you know they have still not come in ???
    The short sighted part of it is, ok the bits and pieces I have 'ordered' through both gunshops may have been small, mounts or bases, a bipod, some cleaning foam or whatever but they soon add up, and I get so hacked off that they cannot get off their a@@@s to do anything about my order, you chase and they say next week, you chase again, the week after, 6 months later I then go elsewhere for the small bits then I definitely go elsewhere for my 200 rounds of 308 ammunition, 500 rounds of .22lr, gun transfers to and from other RFD's etc. I will not step foot in either shop again. Now I tend to go to gunshops who value my business when I am on my rounds of the UK and often pre-order stuff to so its there when I am passing rather than putting, or trying to put, the business locally. Very frustrating. Obviously doing far too much business to bother with my bit of business, or others from the SD seemingly!

I've bought stuff from the Bangor shop in the past and have found it to be better stocked than my local much larger dealer, well as regards what I have wanted at the time. I've never ordered anything through them and suspect that they are probably no better or worst than most gunshops in this country in this respect which doesn't really say a lot of good for most dealers does it. I can't say that the athmosphere is very convivial in the Bangor shop, perhaps a little condescending is the way I would describe it.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.