Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stalking in the snow

stalking in the snow

is there anyone lucky enough to be out stalking in this snow, i wish we had some stalking localy it would feel like finland and other great looking trips that are organized by the lads on here which i am saving my pennys for.

I hate stalking in the snow ... especially in the morning if frosty... FAR too noisy

yes but you get loads of snow its rare in taffy land .

The further snow forecast for this morning hasn't materialised (yet) so I'm in London where the only sport to be had is Mayfair Gazelle watching or wandering around H&H for a laugh.

Hopefuly tomorrow though!

K

Is it quiet snow you get in "taffy" land then ? :-)

I don't know about actual stalking but I have shot deer from a high seat when there has been snow on the ground several times. It was simply magical with visibility much improved and you could see anything that moves much easier than normal. It's also very quite and in a way soothing on the mind, that's if you are wrapped up warm.

I have a GWP pup and it was quite funny letting him out this morning as this is the first time that he has seen snow. He had to be pushed out at first and simply stood looking at it for five minutes. Then he ventured further and finally I had a bit of an effort to get him back in. Why is it that most dogs are like children and love the snow so much?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    yes but you get loads of snow its rare in taffy land .
    North Wales perhaps (outlaws live in Bangor) but down south it's far more common and we seem to have a fair share of it at the moment.

Noth Wales and South Wales are two totally different countries!
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Snow stalking from the outside looks nice - scenery et al.... But its generally bloody cold and its no fun dragging hinds through 2-3ft of snow when you cant see where the wee holes or bogs are to fall into, what can normally be tough enough, in the snow its harder. and belive me for some reason if theres a wee hole or bog for one or both legs to step into I seem to find them! And these wee holes and bogs can reach the parts that arnt condusive to sudden cold shocks!!

Xmas card weather, I was on these mountains for over 40 years.
    Easier than dragging over rocks etc.
    HWH.

Same mountain range.
    HWH.