Thread: Anyone using Archer NV with Night Master 800IR ?

Anyone using Archer NV with Night Master 800IR ?

anyone using these 2 in a combo, when i use it just one the mono for spotting its amazing, nice clear bright light with clean beam to. When i use it on the back of the day scope and use the NM800IR i cant see anything at all, just barely make out some detail but its just a total wash out of green. Doesnt matter how much i try and focus it in or use the ND3 scope mount with windage and elevation, it just doesnt give clear view. I use the Laser and its really good. As i already bought the NM800 IR for this purpose before buying the archer i was hoping it was gonna be really good.

Any input gratefully accepted

Scope is Bushnell Elite 6500

Craig

How are you mounting the unit to the archer?

I bet the NM800 is refracting from the scope body and causing white out, particularly if you are doing what I suspect and mounting it to the body of the riflescope.

It should be mounted to the Archer really,and then aligned with your FOV.

Using the Nightmaster NM800 with the Nightmaster weaver mount (we have an adaptor for the Archer that fits where the Firefly does) you will have no issues, and in fact from my experience on a Gen 2+ Commercial tube, the NM800 is considerably better performance.

Best Regards

Paul

(Sorry for delay i just spotted this)

I use the archer with the nightmaster and it is better than the firefly. It is likely the way you are mounting it. Either it is not letting the beam forward to light up or it is reflecting on the mod. Take the torch off and stand it to one side and point it at, say a tree. Then put the archer on your scope and look through it. You should see everything clearly. Then it will narrow the problem down.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

You can buy a weaver adaptor to fit to the top of the Archer, which in turn allows you to fit the Nightmaster mount and this is perfectly adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    You can buy a weaver adaptor to fit to the top of the Archer, which in turn allows you to fit the Nightmaster mount and this is perfectly adjustable.
    Where can i get this from ?

​Craig

i had the same problem no matter where the iluminator was placed on my dedicated rifle scope could not see bugger all was better without night master so l3 lazer back on dedicated gun and night master put on top of a set of pvs7 night vision gogles the derilight has problems it neads a sun shade as it throws to much light to the sides which bounce of every thing reflects back and your night vision flares white out so now it sits on top of a pair of gogles where there is nothing in front of them for the derilight to bounce back at so its works but 160bills for somthing which will not work on sertan units is a waste of time l3 with a bit of glass in front stopes the rain marks etc and can put a beam a lot further than the derilight

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.ross View Post
    Where can i get this from ? ​Craig
    Gee, you could try Scott Country!!
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Not too sure why anyone has had problems with the NM 800 IR and the Archer. I've been using this combination for about a year and the improvement over the Quantum Firefly Laser is impressive.
    I have a slim moderator which doesn't reflect at all but using the NM bracket which is a bit basic but does the job there shouldn't be a problem as the torch is mounted quite high.
    It could be that getting to know the Archer which takes quite a time. could be the answer. I have found the Archer to be a very good piece of kit, but it takes a fair bit of experimentation to get the best from it.