Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with front stud

Problems with front stud

My classic half stock has a fairly thin forend and my bipod has pulled the front stud out.I've looked at the Harris no2 flange nut adaptor, has any body used one of these??? does the plate lie between the barrel and forend stock???? Thanks for any advice....

The front stud On my lightweight BSA pulled out so I drilled out the hole slightly larger and with the stock removed I drilled the barrel side of the hole slightly larger again to put a rebate in the hole.
    Then I filled the hole full of araldite greased the stud so I did not fix it permenantly and pushed it into the glue,I cleaned off the waste and left for 2 days to harden, problem fixed.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

The No2 stud is I think what I used to repair a CZ plastic stock.
    Here is a pic of how I did it, and what It looked like.

Neil.

Nell as soon as I saw the thread I knew it would be a classic half stock before I read the content ,there is no meat at all on them will there be enough to bed a plate ? My mate has had the same trouble with his and doesn't use a bipod any more .

I fitted one of these to my Blaser r8, I took it a little further towards the trigger end than most studs are fitted as I had concerns about the thickness nearer the front.atb Tim

You need about an 1/8" deep recess for it to work properly.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Nell as soon as I saw the thread I knew it would be a classic half stock before I read the content ,there is no meat at all on them will there be enough to bed a plate ? My mate has had the same trouble with his and doesn't use a bipod any more .
    HAHA....not sure really, its very thin, anybody know how thick the plate is please????

I find it easier and more comfortable just to wear a shirt with a soft, attached collar.

That isn't what the thread's about, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    I find it easier and more comfortable just to wear a shirt with a soft, attached collar.

That isn't what the thread's about, though.
    Eh !

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    You need about an 1/8" deep recess for it to work properly.

Neil.
    Cheers Hornet