Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bushnell fusion 1600arc range finder binos

bushnell fusion 1600arc range finder binos

hi does anybody have a pair of these are they any good its the 10x42 model ime interested in any advice would be helpful

I have them mate. Very good pair of range finding binoculars pal, I have ranged a house at over 2000 yard repeatably and accurately. I have ranged sheep at over 1800 yards with no problem and ranged crows at a mile (1760 yards) The function, glass quality and functions are very good, the angle compensatour is also very handy when shooting on inclines and declines etc.

The only negative thing i could say about them is sometimes on bright days the display can be a little hard to see when it is very bright, but that is the only negative thing i can say about them, the are as heavy or as light as any other pair of Binos that size.

here is a couple of videos to help you mate.

Hope this has been of some help to you mate.

Steve.

thanks 247 they seem great value how long have you had yours have they been trouble free

I have had them for over a yr now, not even a battery change has been needed and they have had a lot of use. They are great VFM, my mate had a pair of Zeiss range finding binos, when he saw/looked through mine he was not impressed that he had not long spent nearly 2k on some Zeiss once and preferred mine. He sold his Zeiss and bought a new pair of the Bushnells, and had 1k change. IMO the Zeiss has slightly and I mean slightly better optics but in no way shape of form are they anywhere near 2x the price 2x as good. If the Zeiss were 100 more then you may lean towards them, but then the ranging system is better then the Zeiss, not that you really need to range find out to 1600+yards anyway, I really like the ARC function, very handy.

Steve

Just another helpful an useful featcher the Bushnells competitors don't have I would mention is they have like a blue tinge to the lenses. What they are, are anti shimmer or anti heat wave coatings, not that we need them in the Uk as we don't have much heat lol, but good on sunny days when heat waves are present and you need to get a accurate range on something.

steve.

ok what is the ARC function i have not even googled these yet .

ARC = angle range compensation.

1) it will range the target and give you the angle up or down to it in degrees.

or

2) it will give you the calculated distance to the target for aiming or dialling in for that range and type of angle to the target. E.g. A 200 yard target at a 20degree incline would give you a aiming/dialling in compensation range of say about 160 yards. (Example)

steve.

Quote Originally Posted by 247sniper View Post
    ARC = angle range compensation.

1) it will range the target and give you the angle up or down to it in degrees.

or

2) it will give you the calculated distance to the target for aiming or dialling in for that range and type of angle to the target. E.g. A 200 yard target at a 20degree incline would give you a aiming/dialling in compensation range of say about 160 yards. (Example)

steve.
    I use number 1, and input the angle incline or de-clines using the range finder angle reading and use that with my ballistic programme.

steve.

thanks steve very helpful mate

No probs matey, if you get some give us a shout and let us know how you get on with them, you won't be disappointed fella.