Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: h1000 powder for .270 load required

h1000 powder for .270 load required

i have got 110 grain hollow point bullet heads for .270 and h1000 powder can someone give me a nice load for these heads please cheers
    LIVE AND LET LIVE! THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

Knock yourself out mate, but I think its for heavier bullets though I may be wrong..

http://hodgdon.com/basic-manual-inquiry.html

nutty

yeah john ive already had a look at this couldnt find owt like :-( was hopeing someone on here would have a big book with a load in it lol;

Quote Originally Posted by robert1666 View Post
    yeah john ive already had a look at this couldnt find owt like :-( was hopeing someone on here would have a big book with a load in it lol;
    How bizarre. You want loading data from another source other than the manufacturer? If you want to burn up such a slow powder with such a light bullet, I would take the 180 grain data, put it under that 110 grain and crimp the heck out of it. It will probably work fine. I used to do a similar thing with 5010 Machine gun powder and 150 grain bullets in a 30-06. Slow, sooty, and accurate.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    How bizarre. You want loading data from another source other than the manufacturer? If you want to burn up such a slow powder with such a light bullet, I would take the 180 grain data, put it under that 110 grain and crimp the heck out of it. It will probably work fine. I used to do a similar thing with 5010 Machine gun powder and 150 grain bullets in a 30-06. Slow, sooty, and accurate.~Muir
    all i have said was i checked out the hogdons website for loads and couldnt find nothing so if anyone had a big reloading book or had made up a load for this combination to give me a load? after all isnt that what this site is for helping others and geting advice from more experienced people than yourself ?, i will now go out and buy another tub of powder h4350 which will do the job for me just i was trying to save some money and use up the h1000 that i had unlike some i aint got money to throw about. cheers for the advice but i will hold off throwing such a combination together i would rather use something some one has tried and tested

The reason why you cant find any data Robert is because there isnt any, H1000 is not a recommanded powder for the 270, much to slow especially with the light bullets you want to use.

Ian.

thanks for that ian , that was the kind of answer i was looking for as i said i was just wanting to use up the h1000 and im new to loading and fireing the .270 , the 223 powder i use does all the heads i have experimented with from 40g to 65grain , cheers

thanks for that ian , that was the kind of answer i was looking for as i said i was just wanting to use up the h1000 and im new to loading and fireing the .270 , the 223 powder i use does all the heads i have experimented with from 40g to 65grain , cheers
    Further to my last post, it seems that Hodgdon do recommend H1000 for the 270 but only with the heaviest for calibre bullets, strange then that they dont have any data
    Anyway i had a look on Reloaders nest and found THIS Not the weights you want to use robert but at least it will allow you to use your powder.

Ian.

Robert,

This is the H1000 load for the (3) 130 grain .270 bullets in the Speer range - Speer Manual #13 - page 214

MIN. 60.0 grains @ 2789 FPS MAX 64.0 @ 3117.

This powder got the highest MV of all the powders tested. You might as well use up what you've got left of it - no reason not to .
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    and for 110s look at h414. i run 56 grains with a fed 210 match primer. not a clue what velocity it makes as i alwas tune my loads for utmost accuracy.

steve