Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye

Goodbye

Tonight I bid all the folk who have helped me on this forum over the years a huge thank you and a sad good bye. My reason can be seen in Ronans latest thread, a nice guy with a nice dog.

All the best and good shooting gents.

Chill out mate, tomorrow is another day! It's no good trying to run from the 'self appointed' experts in life as you'll find them everywhere!
    Hold your ground and set your 'clown filter' to a slightly higher level, and don't lose any sleep!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Chill out mate, tomorrow is another day! It's no good trying to run from the 'self appointed' experts in life as you'll find them everywhere!
    Hold your ground and set your 'clown filter' to a slightly higher level, and don't lose any sleep!
    MS
    Well said.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    MS
    +1
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

OK OK... lol if you look at the thread you will see all is well, I just felt poor Ronan was getting crap and it miffed me to say the least. Maybe a lesson here for not just me but for others.

Cheers Guys

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Tonight I bid all the folk who have helped me on this forum over the years a huge thank you and a sad good bye. My reason can be seen in Ronans latest thread, a nice guy with a nice dog.

All the best and good shooting gents.
    Don't let the 'Holier than thou' mob get you down mate there are a lot of very good people on here bud,if you ignore them they do eventually end up disappearing up their own supercilious ar5e5 via the leg of their 'Swedteam'(cos it costs more)suit,and as you live quite close to me(I think)you are welcome down here for a wander out mate so PM me.

Martin

you stick at it mate , dont let some drunk stirrer get you down , you know what they say about experts .

Account Suspended
    Experts have a prolonged or intense experience through practice and education in a particular field. In specific fields, the definition of expert is well established by consensus and therefore it is not necessary for an individual to have a professional or academic qualification for them to be accepted as an expert. In this respect, a shepherd with 50 years of experience tending flocks would be widely recognized as having complete expertise in the use and training of sheep dogs and the care of sheep.
    I've noticed over the years that even some people who think they are experts... are.

Not me obviously, I'm just a keen and not especially gifted amatuer with deer. But, with sheep.... it will be 50 years next month since my dear, old and departed dad first asked me to stick my wee (at the time) 4 year-old hand in to fish out the first of a set border leicester triplets bent back heads and check we had the right pair of front legs to go with it.. because his big mits couldn't unravel the fankle. We got all three out fine, I remember it like yesterday and I'm still learning.

I'm no expert, but all I saw was a ton of sh*te being slung around by one particular numbnut on the post in question...

Once again the SD "opinion-to-*rsehole" ratio of 1:1 has been proven, and he appears to have a very high opinion of himself and his own abilities. There's no need for this, but SD does seem to have its fair share of folks that are legends in their own bathtime, and unable to accept that others might, just MIGHT, not agree with them.

Ignore him, and crack on with what works for you.

I'm on here to learn and share (what little I know), but won't be courting opinion or advice from someone like this... Just my *rsehole, sorry opinion :-)

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I haven't see the thread but I do post less these days because there are so many YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED A RIFLE, because you wear combats, don't have a blaser or made a mistake once and god help you actually admitted it so others might learn from your mistake.
    On the other hand there are plenty of good people on here with good stories and advise to a relative newcomer like myself. And I have never stuck any part of my anatomy up a sheep for any reason whatsoever and if I did I wouldn't admit it.
    Although it does remind me of the story of a farmhand who liked calves because they liked to suck but he got an awful shock when they developed teeth. . But that may be an urban myth.

I think as said. Turn your humour meter up, covers it all really.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .