march and shoot 2009

helpingheroes

Hi Guys,
I am organising this years march and shoot.
The date will be 29th August 2009. it will be held at Deepdale, Near Barton upon humber, Lincolnshire.

it is flatter here!

The format will be slightly different. The shoot will not be a rifle shoot but will be a clay pigeon spread. So bring your shotguns.

the venue is better, it is self contained, easy to reach and no time limits.

I am really looking forward to making it happen again. Please contact me or Bandit country (treasurer) for details.

again we will be looking for auction prizes. This time the auction will be run slightly differently and more formally, more on that later.

last year we raised £12,000 lets do better this year

helping heroes

image001.jpg

The March and Shoot this year will be held here, Follow this thread. As you will see Bandit Country is the liaison between the Stalking Directory and the event.

The Stalking Directory has always supported the H4H charity to the best of it's ability, the March and Shoot last year, Tartan Jock's various efforts for the coming year, even pheasant sniper managed to get his scooter ride publicised.

You might be wondering why this post, well here goes. Bandit Country, a long time SD member, who is Treasurer for this years March and Shoot contacted us about announcing it on here giving the date, venue and contact point etc. We of course had no objections. Then helpingheroes comes on and announces that he is in fact Swampy and is running the M&S. Now this presented us with a dilemma. Following last years M&S there was a certain amount of fall out during which Swampy banned himself from the site, fine his choice, he did not merely stop coming onto the site he asked that his name be removed, so it was.

Now he has come to light using a different name, and e-mail address, and is posting with regard to the M&S. This is where the dilemma comes in, under normal circumstances a banned person having been discovered using a different identity would be summarily banned again, no problem. Now though the M&S has been involved and ultimately Help for Heroes, so what do we do with the banned person.

We discussed it and decided that as Bandit Country was already present and functioning as liaison to the M&S, the venue was announced, the date and single point of contact were on the site, we had no need for Swampy. This decision was also strengthened by the fact that he had returned to the site in what to us seemed to be an underhand manner, therefore the name helpingheroes has been banned from the site.

This in no way changes our attitude to Help for Heroes, we always have and always will continue to support it, but we cannot condone Swampy's behaviour in this, it may well have all been resolved with a little common courtesy.

John

helpingheroes said:
Hi Guys,
I am organising this years march and shoot.
The date will be 29th August 2009. it will be held at Deepdale, Near Barton upon humber, Lincolnshire.

it is flatter here!

The format will be slightly different. The shoot will not be a rifle shoot but will be a clay pigeon spread. So bring your shotguns.

the venue is better, it is self contained, easy to reach and no time limits.

I am really looking forward to making it happen again. Please contact me or Bandit country (treasurer) for details.

again we will be looking for auction prizes. This time the auction will be run slightly differently and more formally, more on that later.

last year we raised £12,000 lets do better this year

helping heroes

image001.jpg
Surely a shotgun event will limit the amount of people attending the event?
The fact that we all have a rifle doesn`t mean everyone has a shotgun.
I was willing to forgo all the shows to attend this event this year but i for one couldn`t afford to fire off a couple hundred cartridges at clay pigeons.
basil.

Basil,

I have no idea (yet) what the shooting format will be - although I very much doubt it will be anything like 200 cartridges. I expect it will be something along the lines of a 50 bird sporting - although depending on the entry numbers even that may present a time challenge. It may even be a something like a 25 bird Compact lay out. As soon as we have some details I'll make sure it is posted.

We would have preferred to run the event with rifles but it simply wasn't to be, despite best efforts to secure a suitable venue. As for access to SGs that wont be a problem - anybody who takes part will have the opportunity to shoot unless they are an otherwise 'prohibited person'! :)

As before we need folk to dig in and make this a success - every penny does make a difference to servicemen & women who have made some real sacrifices.

As posted by Admin, there is a link to the single point of contact for any enquiries or offers of help, auction prizes etc. Alternatively anyone is free to PM me.

BC

H4H

Gentlemen............................I had fully intended to attend this year and take part as either a compeditor or a helper. That may well happen. However in the event that I will be unable to attend I should like to make a contribution towards the final amount raised. Please let me know in due course who to send that to and how. I do not use paypal , but being old fashioned can write a cheque. Over to you for the info. Yours aye MBP

Re: H4H

mbp said:
Gentlemen............................I had fully intended to attend this year and take part as either a compeditor or a helper. That may well happen. However in the event that I will be unable to attend I should like to make a contribution towards the final amount raised. Please let me know in due course who to send that to and how. I do not use paypal , but being old fashioned can write a cheque. Over to you for the info. Yours aye MBP

PM Bandit Country, he is point of contact for the March and Shoot on this site.

Regards
Jonathon

I'll try to get there chap's
got to check on the date first
if i can Basil i'll bring extra cartridges so no excuses
JayJay

Back