Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A trick to attract foxes

A trick to attract foxes

My neighbor gave me a good tip for snow condition foxing.
    Just drive a 3 foot stick into the ground so it is sticking up in any snow fall conditions in the middle of a field and the fox is drawn to see what the black thing standing all alone in a white field is there for.
    He said it was an old gamekeepers trick used here in Germany.
    Anyone heard of it?
    Martin

Never heard of that one before but I suppose it's a case of don't knock it till you've tried it
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Similar principle on the polar bear series earlier this week, hunters would put up long tree trunk on an island and the bears would travel miles to investigate so there seems to be something in it.
    TonyC

will work for sure if you smear cat food on it....

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    will work for sure if you smear cat food on it....
    tuna works well for charlie.

peanut butter on lowerr tree trunks works to get the grey bird egg steeling tree rats down for the hmr to take out.

another one we use here is this,

12" of 6" dia plastic down pipe, bury it on the ground vertically like a trap.

at home keep all your after dinner scraps in a bucket in the out house, mix it up and keep it until it starts to pen and ink,

place this in the bottom of the above tube and sit back and watch charlie try and reach it, meanwhile your sat with the cross hairs on him, click fizz bang and wallop,... and sleep.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

i,m just on with making 2 of these up bob i,ll post my findings.i was told to get a 5ft piece of pipe bury 2ft and drill lots of little holes in the upper part for the jucies to run out.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

I haven't heard any of these recipes before for attracting foxes but a long time ago, I used to tie a chicken wing feather to the top of an 18" to 2ft long stick, letting it hang loosely on a couple of inches of string and put the stick upright in the corner of a field or somewhere I could shoot safely and within range using a 22rf.
    The stick standing up with the feather gently moving in the breeze was like a magnet to foxes and proved very productive indeed on many occassions.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    i,m just on with making 2 of these up bob i,ll post my findings.i was told to get a 5ft piece of pipe bury 2ft and drill lots of little holes in the upper part for the jucies to run out.
    stav
    thats the sort of thing we need,

all these tips for foxing, could be out on a mates farm later but not got anything ready as i use the fox pro : but that will have limitations too.

nice one eddi, i seem to remember a similar thing when i was a lot younger, brush handle with a rag and a bit if string.

all good tips welcome.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I find a tail from a vixen suspended so it hangs in the breeze works pretty well too. As does boiled up horse hoof trimmings.

Heard something similar to the stick in the snow trick for hares.