Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Pensioner convicted for shooting squirrel with air rifle.

  1. #1

    Pensioner convicted for shooting squirrel with air rifle.

    Initially I thought what a waste of time and money with this one but if the article is accurate, I've got to say I have no sympathy and what on earth kind of air gun did he use.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-squirrel.html

  2. #2
    Just read the mail. Have to agree no sympathy at all. The animal suffered and he may want to up grade his air rifle.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Just read the mail. Have to agree no sympathy at all. The animal suffered and he may want to up grade his air rifle.
    +1 and his prescription...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthedug View Post
    what on earth kind of air gun did he use
    Just missed anything vital.
    Agree, no sympathy for not killing it before going out though...

  5. #5
    IMO The safest method of disposing of a live caught Rat or Grey Squirrel is to take it to your local RSPCA centre for them to deal with. Under no circumstances release a Grey Squirrel once caught, to do so without prior authority from Natural England is an offence. atb Tim

  6. #6
    Didn't realise squirrels lived for 12.5 years,when is the breeding season for squirrels??

  7. #7
    Red squirrels start breeding around now.
    Forestry operations on SSSI's with red squirrels on stop by the end of Jan.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

  8. #8
    I was working for an old lady once, I noticed her bird table had a few air rifle pellets embedded in it, I asked her about it and she said she had shot 76 squirrels in the last 3 years! she was 78... Good on her I say.

    She must have been a much better shot than this guy. If you can't kill it while its in a cage you are doing something very wrong.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    I was working for an old lady once, I noticed her bird table had a few air rifle pellets embedded in it, I asked her about it and she said she had shot 76 squirrels in the last 3 years! she was 78... Good on her I say.

    She must have been a much better shot than this guy. If you can't kill it while its in a cage you are doing something very wrong.
    Yeah, they don't exactly sit still and wait for it in the trap...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Yeah, they don't exactly sit still and wait for it in the trap...
    I've nailed 163 in the last 12 months just by keeping the bird table topped up... Keeps the birds happy whichever way you look at it!

    Bird seed/squirrel bait? You say potato...

    Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 24-11-2013, 20:45
  2. Rimfire Grey Squirrel Shooting
    By Fisheruk in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 07:50
  3. This week I shall mostly be shooting Squirrel!
    By Klenchblaize in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 23:17
  4. For Sale Daystate air wolf 22 fac air rifle 40ft lb
    By mmbeatle in forum Firearms
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-10-2012, 12:07
  5. Its official - i'm a pensioner!!!
    By DazT in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 21:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •