Thread: General purpose lamp

General purpose lamp

This is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. Any opinions out there on a handlamp that's robust enough to bounce around the car full time, recharge from the car socket, sharp enough to lamp the occasional close range fox, but not so bright that when I'm handling a deer someone phones in a poaching report. I don't do enough foxing to justify one of the pro set ups, but at the same time most of the budget rechargeable lamps in the agri hardware seem to lack focus.
    thanks
    Ion

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    This is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. Any opinions out there on a handlamp that's robust enough to bounce around the car full time, recharge from the car socket, sharp enough to lamp the occasional close range fox, but not so bright that when I'm handling a deer someone phones in a poaching report. I don't do enough foxing to justify one of the pro set ups, but at the same time most of the budget rechargeable lamps in the agri hardware seem to lack focus.
    thanks
    Ion

I think this ticks all your boxes mate, I've got one and it's a cracking bit of kit.

Clulite Club 1 Clu Briter

http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/Lamps/Lamps_Handheld_Clu_Club1.htm
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

My vote also for the CluLite Clu Briter approx 48 online
    Three settings, good for lamping, good for general purpose, rechargeable also from car, robust.

As above, clu briter. Very tight beam, my uses are pretty similar to yours, and this fits the bill nicely. If it had an adaptor so that it could be used as a hand held lamp for scanning, then quickly snapped on the rifle for the shot, it would be even better, but for the money it's top kit. You get a car and mains charger too.

Thanks gentlemen for the info. Will suss out the handiest way to get one here in Ireland.
    Good hunting.
    Ion