Posting Blank Ammo.

Norrie1956

Hiya, I've tried searching everywhere to find out an answer,...can't find anything to help me......

Is it legal in the UK to post .22LR blanks inside the UK???

I'm going to be selling my remote launchers and want to incl some rounds for them...

Thanks guys..:)

It is illegal to use Royal Mail for ANY live ammunition. Centrefire or Rimfire.

That includes bulleted ammunition, shot gun cartridges or blank ammunition. Also FWIW your launchers, if they take blank ammunition will need to be individually Proof Tested.

Sorry it's not a positive answer...

MMM. I've had blank ammo delivered through the post. Loads of places will send them

Gundog Training Equipment by Turner Richards

Rothery Long .22 Blanks | Uttings.co.uk

it is ILLEGAL to send explosive in the mail -

The above need to take a serious look at the impact on their business if they are caught & prosecuted - and having had INERT ammo that showed up on a Royal Mail X-ray machine result in a visit from the beat officer at midnight - it WILL just be a matter of time for them...

It is illegal to use Royal Mail for ANY live ammunition. Centrefire or Rimfire.

That includes bulleted ammunition, shot gun cartridges or blank ammunition. Also FWIW your launchers, if they take blank ammunition will need to be individually Proof Tested.

Sorry it's not a positive answer...

Thanks for the reply...doesn't matter if its not positive, I appreciate the information..so, I wont be sending them, will do a FTF .. ....cant understand why they need to be proof tested tho, they aint as far as I am aware, proof tested from new...no paperwork except instructions came with them when I bought them new from Turners...also, seen hand launchers bought and sold on the bay...

The ammo law is def a minefield..:)

Re Proof. The older Webley can launchers that you used to launch Double Diamond beer cans for "clay" practice were certainly ALL proof marked.

I'd check with the Proof House about it. It may, possibly, be that the law has changed but I'll plead ignorance to that!

I have two of the 'old type' can launchers and neither are proof marked.
Neither were any of my .22's when screw cut for moderators before the pistol ban.
It would seem that the proofing of items has only come to the fore since the pistol ban, I wonder why !
Could it be anything to do with the loss of business by the proof houses ?

I recently bought 200 red blanks for the dummy launcher from a trader on ebay, these arrived to my surprise through the normal post. Like you I thought this had been stopped but there we are.

Dont know what would have happened if a scanner of some sort had picked up on it, or worse still an accident occurred.

Regards WB

Back