Thread: Deer and muck spreading

Deer and muck spreading

I was out this morning. . Just to one of my locals with the Landy being out of commission , but when I got out into the fields my heart sank. The farmer had taken advantage of the cold snap to muck the parks. , I went a walk round anyway seeing as I was there , but as expected there were
    no deer to been seen.
    What is it about the spreading of muck that puts deer off. .?

senses overload ?

I would take a wild guess that they are not keen on eating food covered in *****.

just think, that the deer will be off for a wee bit, think about what this will create for you in april when the muck has done its work, nice young grass for your bucks if its spread on to grass that is . BE READY MY BOY.

Quote Originally Posted by sako751sg View Post
    I would take a wild guess that they are not keen on eating food covered in *****.
    Lol never even crossed my mind , looking too deep into it

I had a similar situation this mornining arrived before first light and waited to be greeted by 200 sheep in front of me when the light arrived, the farmer is not a sheep farmer and apparently some one dropped them off to take to market tommorrow, probably put the deer off for a few weeks .At least I dont have to worry about carcase extraction in the wet!

They will still be about, but as sako751sg said. Don't want to graze on s**te

Quote Originally Posted by sako751sg View Post

nice one

always try and think like a deer and you will go far, would you stand out in the rain if you could stand under shelter ???, would you eat your tea if someone had pooed on it ???, if it was very windy you might try and get somewhere out the wind??

since i started to think like this ive been very succesful in finding my target.

ATB

Dave