bad days who's had one?

reelme

body in gear but brain not! who's had one?
1-got rifles-forgot ammo:doh:
2-forgot shotgun and ammo-separate gun cabinet to the rifles!:doh:
3-made flask-forgot:doh:
4-made sarnies-forgot:doh:
5-left wallet on roof of car:doh:
bad day all round and its not even a Monday!!!!!!!!!
:doh::doh::doh:

body in gear but brain not! who's had one?
1-got rifles-forgot ammo:doh:
2-forgot shotgun and ammo-separate gun cabinet to the rifles!:doh:
3-made flask-forgot:doh:
4-made sarnies-forgot:doh:
5-left wallet on roof of car:doh:
bad day all round and its not even a Monday!!!!!!!!!
:doh::doh::doh:

Better than those.
Leave Swarovski AT80 20x-60x on roof of car after spotting and drive off only to see it roll off in your rear view mirror.:cry:

What are "sarnies" ?

I used to hunt a piece of ground maybe 20 miles away in the next county and I'd always carry the ATV in the back of the truck with a climbing treestand strapped on and drive back to the far side of the property .

Got there early one morning maybe an hour before legal shooting time , put the ramps up etc , climbed on the ATV to back it off and get on my way and the GD thing wouldn't start . Messed with it a bit and no use , so I put the ramps back in the truck and came home . Messed with the ATV some more no luck pulled the battery cleaned the terminals etc no Fing luck . So i took it to the dealer and one of the guys I know came out and messed with it a bit no better . Mechanic came up with his battery tester and siad the batteries fine , then he looked at us and said did either of you think to turn the kill switch off FOR F SACK !

I never use the kill switch and to be honest I forgot the GD thing had one . All I can figure is the night before when I loaded it in the dark maybe I had knocked it on by accident !

Talk about feeling real bright , but on the plus side they didn't charge me anything !

sarnies-sandwiches two slices of bread with something in between,sometimes edible... if the wife doesn't make them!
kill switches are there to humiliate us all!! many a time on my boat i've pulled up to fish at a spot then decided wasn't quite on the mark after lowering anchor gone to start engine..no response then just before panic and a call to the RNLI goes out i realize the kill switch is attached to my wrist!!:doh:

Hill stalking in Scotland met the stalker in the farmyard to be told that the quad was broken so we would have to walk for an hour to get to the deer fence before we could start stalking which was not a problem.
Walked to the fence the stalker says to me load your rifle push the bullets down and close the bolt over the top and we will make a start.
First problem bolt still in car.
Two hours later we start stalking.

Smile it can only get better we have all went out and forgot something boots is my thing can't beat shooting in your trainers :banghead:

Before anyone beats me to it, i went down for a weekend with sikamalc with wadas and :fester: and when we got up for the first stalk i then found my sound mod was still in staffordshire locked away :evil: .

Sunday morning was rubbish as I had planned to go shooting in the woods. It would have been beautiful in the fresh snow. But that very same fresh snow made it impossible to actually get there. I felt a bit like a kid whose birthday party has been cancelled...

Had the following happen to me over the years...

Drove to stalking ground to find:

. I had 308 rifle and 243 bolt
. I did not have my boots
. I did not have sound moderator
. I did not have the ammo
. I had forgotten the binos
. I had forgotten the sticks
. I did not have the bipod

The last three were not bad enough to abort the day just made it more difficult.

Mulac

Not quite shooting related...........but a bad day anyway!
Filled my car with unleaded....£83..........the car runs on diesel! Had to drain & throw the lot away. Eldest Son did the draining, youngest daughter towed me to his garage.
Must remember not to do that again :doh:

Driven to Bisley with a Brno bolt and Anschutz rifle!

Driven 2 hours to Bisley with Sako .308 and ammo in car whilst bolt still in safe in West Berkshire.

Placed ammo in top compartment of safe in shooting lodge in wildest Sutherland, only to see keys to same (and bottom cabinet) drop through gap into locked bottom cabinet below.

Crawled a couple of hundred yards to take shot at stag, only to find Sako detachable magazine had detached and was still lying in rifle slip a couple of hundred yards behind me.

Twice driven home from stalking to find sticks that had been carefully left leaning against car were now left lying somewhere in road.

Reversing up track to pick up two muntjac, carefully looking over right shoulder to avoid trees. Landcruiser abruptly halted by very large but unseen tree behind left shoulder.

willie_gunn

Invited shooting and brought the trusty 20, picked up the wrong bag containing all 12s!! Didn't think to check in the rush, very awkward but managed to locate some quickly once there

Fed the farmed reds left the gate ajar came back later with silage to see to see my £1500.00 stag jumping into a small planting 3 fields away.:oops:
Came back to his girls 2 days later cut fence feed hinds in he pops phew. :thumb:

Drove down a forest track to pick up a roebuck I had called in an hour before, drove around large log in track on way down and thought to myself I must remember that is there on the way back up. Buck in boot, set off back up track, got distracted by seat belt bleeper bleeping, car jumped ruts just in time to take me straight into the log. Had to get an expensive lift home on the back of a flat bed. To cap it all the keeper collected the carcass from where I told him I left it but chucked the rather nice six point head in the pit.

doing an emergency layby dump my wallet fell out at 4.am at the scene, had to drive 40 miles back to get it an hour later after stopping at services.... It was 'right' there too :eek:

Towing a caravan up to the lakes one year for a holiday, and stopped in some services late at night. Rested side by side on the roof of the car while securing son in a child seat. Pulled on to the motorway........fill in the rest yourselves:doh:

Back