Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those Nasty Lee Dies.

Those Nasty Lee Dies.

I loaded 50 rounds of 308 and 50 rounds of .223 yesterday using Lee Collet Dies. When I was done I ran the loaded rounds through my Hornady Concentricity Tool. I was really taken aback! Some of the loaded rounds had as much as .0015" runout! As soon as I can find a hole deep enough, I'm going to toss those dies into it and get some decent equipment.~Muir.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I loaded 50 rounds of 308 and 50 rounds of .223 yesterday using Lee Collet Dies. When I was done I ran the loaded rounds through my Hornady Concentricity Tool. I was really taken aback! Some of the loaded rounds had as much as .0015" runout! As soon as I can find a hole deep enough, I'm going to toss those dies into it and get some decent equipment.~Muir.
    Yeah, what total junk eh?

I'm going to just fire off those rounds I loaded into the dirt bank and come home. It's too darned cold out to waste my time trying to put such crooked ammunition on paper.~Muir

I'm going to just fire off those rounds I loaded into the dirt bank and come home. It's too darned cold out to waste my time trying to put such crooked ammunition on paper.~Muir
    Yep launch them into the refuse you bad boy...

I have no choice.

I hope others can take away a valuable lesson from this:
    :Spend as much money on reloading equipment as you can.

:There is no degree of refinement of technique that will surpass the excellence of expensive tools.

: If there isn't a micrometer scale on your seating die you'd be better off just driving the bullets in with a claw hammer.

I feel so.... dirty.~Muir

I have no choice.

I hope others can take away a valuable lesson from this:

:There is no degree of refinement of technique that will surpass the excellence of expensive tools.

: If there isn't a micrometer scale on your seating die you'd be better off just driving the bullets in with a claw hammer.

I hope you are suitably chastised, now stand in the corner and recite 'the bench rest guys must be believed' until told to stop...

How does your ammunition perform? I wouldn't know how to use a concentricty tool but look instead at my grouping, here is an example that I shot at the weekend reloaded using the Lee Collet Die (apologies to those who have seen this picture before) atb Tim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-E54DC450-1391966-1280-100.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	23752100m 3 shot group .243 other boring details available on request

[QUOTE=Muir;509688]

Just printed off your reply to show my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    How does your ammunition perform? I wouldn't know how to use a concentricty tool but look instead at my grouping, here is an example that I shot at the weekend reloaded using the Lee Collet Die (apologies to those who have seen this picture before) atb Tim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-E54DC450-1391966-1280-100.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	23752100m 3 shot group .243 other boring details available on request
    Thats terrible

I used my Lee 6.8SPC dies & was getting .277" 1-shot groups

I have no choice.

PMSL