Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chief Officers of Police signature of FAC and SGC.

Chief Officers of Police signature of FAC and SGC.

I recently recieved my new SGC and noticed that the chief officer of police's signature was different to that of my FAC, i also noticed that the signature on my current FAC is the same as on my previous FAC, (i renewed july 2011), so i had a look online to see if we had appointed a new chief constable for Northants.
    The current chief constable has been in the job since 2009, so who's signature is on my SGC and why would i have the previous chief constables signature on my FAC?
    Does any other police officer have authoritym to sign FACs and SGCs for instance the new police and crime commisioners?

Ian.

ours are signed by head of firearms department on behalf of

Head of Firearms Licencing in Lincs.

Stan

The Firearms Act gives the chief officer the option to delegate all or any part of the statutory obligations placed upon him/her. Like most things it differs from force to force but is usually the head/deputy/supervisor of the licensing unit who is/are authorised to sign certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by BI9JOHNNY View Post
    ours are signed by head of firearms department on behalf of
    Ours too !

HWH.

It makes no difference, they don't read it before they sign it
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Just a scribble on mine - not sure whose!
    Last time I sent it in for renewal or something it came back with no signature at all! Three licences were returned in the same envelope (my SGC, my FAC and wife's SGC) and he'd only signed the top one of the heap - the wife's!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I recently recieved my new SGC and noticed that the chief officer of police's signature was different to that of my FAC, i also noticed that the signature on my current FAC is the same as on my previous FAC, (i renewed july 2011), so i had a look online to see if we had appointed a new chief constable for Northants.
    The current chief constable has been in the job since 2009, so who's signature is on my SGC and why would i have the previous chief constables signature on my FAC?
    Does any other police officer have authoritym to sign FACs and SGCs for instance the new police and crime commisioners?

Ian.
    If you look again it probably starts off 'PP' in other words.....per procurationem or signed on behalf of.........

Martin

some bird on the front desk 5 mins before they send it!

I guess its a stamp.

I once went into Northern Constabulary with Variation forms filled but no prior warning to the FLO - and walked out ten minutes later with my new FC - signed!