Thread: 7mm RUM

7mm RUM

anyone use the 7mm rem ultra mag? what your thoughts on it good or bad.. anyone use it for stalking?

Mo

Mo

I have a .300 Rem Ultra Mag. I know a chap who uses a 7mm Rem Ultra Mag for stalking..... He raves about it !

Regards

Ed

whats your 300 like? do you use it for stalking aswell??

Have stroked my Beard more than once looking at the 7RUM. Many good and valid reasons why this Cartridge is not a good idea but you only live once and most interesting things in life are never sensible. I have gone as far as obtaining Dies and Brass. I may chance my arm sometime .

Yorkie.

I had a Remington 700 AWR from the custom shop that was chambered for 7mm RUM . The thing was quite accurate with my handloads using the Nosler 150 BT . I had it set up with a Leupold Vari XIII 4.5-14xAO . I carried it a number of times in my more open areas without ever seeing a deer . One day just for the heck of it I carried it in the woods where the longest shot I could have would be about 125 yards . Anyway I sat there awhile and finally two appeared at about 40-50 yards two booms later and they were both dead right there .

Certainly not what the cartridge was intended for . I traded it back to the dealer I bought it from and then later got it back . Never killed anymore deer with it and finally traded/sold it to a friend and he carried it to the Dark Continent and shot a Zebra and a Kudu with it , however he stepped it up to the Nosler 160 Partition or Accuband I cannot remmember which .

I would think the international hunter that had a 7mm RUM and a 375 RUM could cover just about everything that walks on the face of this earth !

cant coment on the ultra mag but my 7mm rem mag drops deer no problem told the 7mm wsm is better but im not getting rid of the rem mag for eney other caliber

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    cant coment on the ultra mag but my 7mm rem mag drops deer no problem told the 7mm wsm is better but im not getting rid of the rem mag for eney other caliber
    I can second the comment on the 7mm REM MAG . Cannot say much on the 7mm WSM I did however have a 7mm SAUM which is pretty much the same thing and it certainly was a deer stomper . As to the WSM line of cartridges I did however have the 270 WSM , 300 WSM and 325 WSM and all thre were deer thumpers .