New Member Introduction

Dovebob

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined the Directory, so here's a little information about myself.

I am a keen shotgun shooter (small driven pheasant syndicate and some rough shooting) I also beat on a local commercial shoot and help out with rearing birds when I can. I enjoy fly fishing on my local river (the Dove)

I have just passed my DSC 1 but other than that I have no experience of deer and stalking. I have not applied for my firearms certificate and don't plan on doing so until I have learnt quite a bit more.

I hope to learn from all of you and I apologise in advance for the many daft and naive questions that I fear I am likely to ask.

I live between Burton on Trent and Lichfield in Staffordshire, England, which is quite close to the Needwood Forest. I have spotted quite a few Muntjac deer in the area and some Roe, but I have a lot to learn before I can stalk them on my own.

I look forward to learning from you all and thank you in advance for your help.

Bob

welcome to the site bob,where abouts do you fish the dove? you have found the right site here to learn about firearms and stalking here mate.i live in north staffs but i work around your neck of the woods fairly often.p.s i was over your way last night and i saw 3 cracking red stags at the side of the road in a field of wheat.

Tika,

I fish on the stretch between Doveridge and Sudbury. It is a mixed course and game, but fishes pretty well on the fly.

I have never seen reds in my neck of the woods but I am still getting into the hang of spotting them. I'll keep on the lookout for them.

Cheers,

Bob

i havent been on that stretch,some good fish in the dove.i know a keeper at foston.enjoy the site mate.any questions ask away,allways someone on here who will help.

Back